Sunday, April 3, 2022

Apogee Interview

 

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?


Firstable I wanted to thank you for the interest my project APOGEE and thank you for this interview. 


So, Ron ( I ) is the source of this project. During the year 2020 with quarantine and all these anxiety inducing , I decided to compose an EP from A to Z. It was like a musical exercise I imposed to myself to create something with my own vision without any constraints. I could mix my influences like death and black metal without any concessions. I composed and recorded all the instrumentals parts ( except drums ) with the precious advices of Tony from Catacomb and after that I sent that to my friend Nathan. He joined my project to add his vocals parts with his own influences. Apogee was born




2.So far you have released an ep, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style that you went for on the recording?


When I decided to compose this EP I was into a black’n roll mood , something like Carpathian Forest style, but I noticed that I was stuck into this style and all my musical influences wanted to come up. So I said to myself «  fuck it, I’ll do what I like to hear and to play, whithout any mental barrier » . And finally I think I managed to create something with my own touch.






3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band has explored so far with the music?


The topics in this EP are a kind of analysis of human states of mind from differents point of view. For example the 1st track is about a question everyone already ( I hope so ) asked to themselves «  why I’m here? What for? Did I do right or wrong ? » . More generally this EP is something spiritual, pushing people to ask themselves about their condition of life, about the way they act , and about at the end … what will be the finality ? 




4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Apogee'?


Firstable I would like to make is that Apogee is an idea from Nathan. Apogee means ( we have the same word in french ) , « at the top of ». Humanity ,is now, like the Antic Egypt, the Roman Empire in the past, at the top of his evolution but principally at the top of his nonsense. Apogee could mean the top before the decline, fall.




5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the ep cover?


The artwork describes the universe of Apogee. Scum, darkness, sadness, but within this dark shit, your soul can evolve toward something lighter 




6.On the ep cover you also had some occult symbols, do you have an interest in occultism?


I’m not into occultism but symbolism. For me occultism drive away people from the origin of all the things we live into. If occultism exists, what’s upper occultism?






7.Currently there are only 2 members in the band, are you open to expanding the line up or do you prefer to remain a duo?


For the composition I keep staying with Nathan and I, but for eventually live the line up is almost done .






8.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?


We got received some interests from label, but I don’t know if I’m ready ready to sign and composed because someone asked me to do . For the moment i prefer stay independent and compose when I want to and when my ideas come up. 




9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?


I noticed that our EP has been well appreciated , except by some haters, but we know « the game » . For someone it’s not enough Trve black metal, and for other that’s not sound enough death metal. But I really don’t care. For those haters behind their computer , try to create something before talking. 




10.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?


I’m on the composition of the next EP , maybe LP ? ( it depends of my inspiration ) . In the future maybe we will have completed a lot of gig, maybe It will still remain a studio project. I don’t know and I don’t care  .




11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?


I discovered heavy metal with my dad. I remember car travelling with tape from Scorpions, Van Halen, Kiss, Iron Maiden.. and when I went into middle school I discovered Nu, death and black metal. My disc player discography was Korn, Slipknot, Children of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Dissection, Children of Bodom, Cannibal Corpse, Septic Flesh, Satyricon, Cradle of Filth. I thing that all that mixed stuff are a part of my influences . 


Nowadays I like to discover «  new stuff » from old black and death metal band , like dark Funeral, Darkthrone, Mercyless, all black and death metal band legacy from 80 and 90’. 




12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts? 


Hope you like our interview. Hope you discovered a lil bit more about APOGEE. Thank you for people liking what we do and stay tuned for new features ! And never stop thinking by yourself and your own consciousness



https://youtu.be/jxP-qNCtzAM

No comments:

Post a Comment