Wednesday, April 12, 2023

A Rose Dying In The Rain Interview

 


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the solo project?


1. This is a Post black metal project that I called A Rose Dying In The Rain, I created it on summer 2020 due to a really deep depression. I could say this project saved my life because, well, I've always been a depressive guy, but I created A Rose when I didn't find another way to feel myself better.

In fact, every song that I composed between 2020 and 2022 is a moment when I couldn't go on and I needed to empty myself from all my negative thoughts and my pain to set myself free


2.Since 2020 you have released a great amount of material, how would you describe your musical progress over the last 3 years?


2. I think my songs have been turning more atmospheric, deeper and sadder than before, they sounds more professional while I'm learning more and more from the experience, from the other projects that I've known since I started with A Rose, because I really like growing with my music, in fact, I could say that thanks to what I've been learning, I've found another ways to show my feelings in my music


3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with the music?


3. A Rose Dying In The Rain talk about depression, loveless, longing, that hope that you have to turn back time when you were happy, when you thought nothing could be wrong


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'A Rose Dying In The Rain"?


4. A Rose Dying In The Rain represent the beauty and sadness of my music, "A Rose" is that beautiful part, the longing, the hope, but Dying In The Rain is the sadness inside of me, the reality about nothing will be the same, the part of me that died during my depression.

The name came to me when I was recording the second song of my first album, it was a really rainy afternoon and I decided to call my project like that


5.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?


5. I've always recorded everything by myself, but I'm not sure at all about turn A Rose into a band, I really like to do everything by myself, because I have my own time to do whatever I want and, as I said before, A Rose is my heart, my feelings, my sadness, my essence.

Even though, some people have asked me if I'm thinking about working with other musicians to play live concerts or star some tour, I'm not completely closed to work with some session musicians and do some live concerts, I don't want to turn A Rose into a band, but I could work with some musicians to do live concerts


6.Since 20220 you have released a good amount of material, do you spend a great amount of time writing and creating music?



6. In a begging I spent around 1 day per song, but right now, I could spend weeks to do a song, because I really want that every song to be better than the last, and sometimes I have a several artist block, because I think some songs doesn't sound like A Rose, that's a reason why I started with my new project called "...stay..."


7.In the last couple of years most of your releases have been splits, can you tell us a little bot more about the projects or bands that you have shared these recordings with?


7. I've had the honor of working with different projects from different parts of the world, for example, Sdughalt from Ukraine, Moongazer from USA, AIAA 7 from Mexico, June Sky from Indonesia, Empty inside from Brazil, etc., Even with one of my favorites projects and great inspiration, Sadness.

Each project have its own essence, sound, etc., and it's amazing to me meeting everyone, because I started listening some of them just as a fan and now I can share space and music with them, it's so cool to me.


8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of post black metal and blackgaze?


8. I've been received a lot of good comments about my music since I started and also I've noticed some people doesn't matter about it sometimes, for example, in the splits, but I think it's okay, I'm enjoying my process.

In general, I think the reaction is good, and I really appreciate it.


9.Can you tell us a little bit more about 'Resiliente'?


9. Well, Resiliente is a cover band that I have since 7 years ago, but that's all.


10.When can we expect another full length and also where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?


10. Actually, I'm still working on my fourth album, and I hope you can hear it before July, and well, as I said before I'm starting with a new DBSM project called ...stay..., This is only the beginning, I'm planning to star with some new projects in the future, but always taking care of A Rose


11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?



11. When I started with A Rose, I took some influences by projects like An Ocean Of Light and Unreqvited, taking more from An Ocean, but through this last 2 years, I've been strongly influenced by Sadness because thanks to that I found the perfect way to show clearly my feelings in my music.


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?  


12. I just want to thank you for this interview, 3 years ago I never would have imagined that I would be doing this, it's amazing to me, thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment