1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
We're working on our second full lenght but until it's published I recommend you the first album's vinyl version that released recently by Neverheard Distro.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album?
We would like it a little bit more massive and sicker then the first one was.
But until the final mastering will be finished I can't see the big picture.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the new release?
The lyrics are reaction to the world that surrounds us, what means disgust, disappointment to us and the hope that this world will get what it deserves. The lyrics have no extra meaning, Jim doesn’t want to express anything special. The text is just a support of the vocal and it’s easy to imagine what’s about even if you don’t know the exact words. I don’t think that we have to give any other details.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
Veér means blood, its spelling is a special, old Hungarian form. No sepcial inspiration it's just fit to our music well.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
I really like A38 ship in Budapest, it's a quite unique, a large concert hall that floats on the river Danube. It was a great feeling to play there. Although we were a bit rusty but the sound was awesome.
6. Do you have any touring plans for the new release?
If we get the opportunity we'll take it.
7. The new album came out on Neverheard Distro, how did you get in contact with this label and how would you describe the support they have given you so far?
Our former guitar player and recent art designer M was in contact with Balázs. He supports us in the most professional way. Once he even he brought us two dozen beers, and we're still thankful for that.
8. What is going on with the other musical projects these days?
As far as I know, Kolp is the most vivid one (Knot and Jim Jones are involved.)
And although it’s not a side-project, but I have to mention Vérzivatar, which is our new bass player’s main band.
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
There is nothing written in stone but I don't want to mix genres or something like that. So we'll play a cold, simple metal music with strong BM roots.
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
When we started the band, for me the standard was Under the Sign of the Black Mark from Bathory. Recently I listen to a lot of different kind of music, even stupid pop songs but Regurgitate is what I never delete from my playlist.
11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Movies, TV series, and drinking, of course. And recently I read a book about Burzum. I can tell it's quite funny.
12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
See you under the mushroom cloud, guys!
Answers by Paga. Finished at 01. 14. 2013.