Answered: Wirus (guitars, vocals)
Answered: Wirus (guitars, vocals)
1. Can yo tell us a little bit about the project for those that have never heard of you before?
W. Salute! Genius Ultor originally is a band that performs Black Metal in archaic and straightforward way. We exclude any brief affairs or romances with so called avant-garde. The ideas included in album DzieD Nocy absolutely would not harmonize with activity of Stillborn and this is one of sources for our idea to form another band. Since few years me and Agust were feeling like playing this way especially because both of us had the ideas which we could not carry out due to adversities as lack of time.
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
W. Primitive, furious Black Metal. Naturally strong sound with considerable dose of aggression perceptible especially in vocal layer. Generally based in clearly readable melodies.
3. According to the Metal Archives page the lyrics are about sneer, spurn and spitting, can you go into more detail about what the lyrics mean?
W. This is really hard task to explain the meaning to anybody who does not live permanently in Poland and is not soaked up with our mentality. Both hatred and resentment towards surrounding reality can be felt in the lyrics. But above all, thirst for revenge for twisted image of life utilized to educate us. And this shittiness is what urged us to be Metal-heads, what I consider quite an absurd. Moreover there are also straightforward imprecations and sneer full of arrogance.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
W. Genius Ultor means Spirit of Revenge. We were searching a name which would not leave for potential listener any doubts about what he deals with. This name in its all grandeur perfectly reflects nature of our Black Metal.
5. Has the band played any shows or is this strictly a studio project?
W. We have performed live one time at Legions of Death Attack “Black Saturday” and I would not exclude future live shows. Anyhow, it is not our main goal to act live. Above all, we want to concentrate on recording albums.
6. On a worldwide level how has your music how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
W. I have the impression that reception of the album was pretty good as for a band not recognized and not promoted at all. Yet, there are opinions which explicitly indicate that this style is not fully digestible, especially for young fans of Metal.
7. What are some of the things that you are able to bring out in this project thayt you cant bring out in the other bands?
W. Black Metal is totally different room for manoeuvres comparing to Death or Thrash Metal. I admire all these genres and in my opinion the borderline between these is blurred beyond recognition. Nevertheless, to me it is an extraordinary feature that melody is so easy to set upon aggression, which is included in Black Metal. So, will to express in this way what is lying in our guts, with these certain lyrics is absolutely different stuff towards what we have been doing so far with Stillborn.
8. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
W. For sure less blasting, up with ritual and hypnotic drive, but still archaic and straightforward with shot precisely on the head.
9. What are some of the different musical influences that you bring into this project?
W. I am not sure if I got you right, but as for Genius Ultor in the field of music, only bands that play Metal, as Bathory, Venom, or Hades are source of inspiration.
10. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
W. Thank you for the interview and time shared with Genius Ultor.