1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the the band these
- I'm writing on new songs for the third, still untitled total hate
album.2 songs are written so far. Beside that there isn't much going on
with Total Hate at the moment. It could also be, that we will do a 7“
first, but I can't say right now. The tape edition of our first album
Depopulating Planet Earth is finally unleashed and we await the tape
version of Necare Humanum Est in a couple of months. We had some
requests for shows, but it's not possible to do shows at the moment,
cause of the distances between the bandmembers.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the current material?
- Since the begining Total Hate was inspired by the old scandinavian
black metal bands and the sound, so if you like the sound of old
darkthrone, mayhem and gorgoroth for example, you will like our sound.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores
with the most recent material?
- We are a satanic, antichristian black metal band and so most of our
lyrics are dealing with those topics. When I wrote the lyrics of the
necare album, I had a stronger antihuman and misanthropic phase than
normal due to different reasons and so I wrote some more hateful lyrics
against the whole humanity and especially germanys sick society. The
first song on the album is kind of a tribute to serial killers and
chains and blood is a tribute to clive barkers hellraiser movies.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
- When I started Total Hate, that was the most present feeling I had at
this time. I left my appartment and saw all the stupid humans and this
sick society and that inspired me to the name. I think the name should
also fit to the music and in our case, I would say it fits perfect so
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and
how would you describe your stage performance?
- The best shows were both in our hometown nuremberg. We played also
some good shows when we made the tour with elite, insignium and
blodsrit. Our stage performance is like our music. Expect nothing new,
just the pure old school black metal. Spikes, corpsepaint, sometimes
blood, torches and fire (if possible). I don't like pyro stuff in black
metal shows, that's for bands like Kiss and Rammstein.
6. Do you have any touring plans for the future?
- Not right now, but I hope that we can do a minitour or/and some gigs
after the release of our third album which will be hopefully in the
beginning of 2013.
7. The Most recent album came out on Pale Dominion, how did you get in
contact with this label and how would you describe the support that they
have given you so far?
- The owner of pale dominion is an old friend of mine and as we quit the
contract with agonia, I asked him, if he would be interested in
releasing the album. It's a new label and I knew, that he is always very
busy and that I would get much less promo as with agonia records, but I
didn't care. I don't play black metal to be reviewed in all metal zines
or to read my name everywhere. I only wanted to see the album released,
8. What is going on with the other projects these days?
- Well our bassplayer had a lot of other bands and projects, but to be
honest, I don't know what's still running and what not. Our drummer
plays in a death metal band beside Total Hate and so do I. Old school
death metal was always my number two beside black metal. And when I say
old school, I mean old school death metal and not overproduced technical
trigger high tech bullshit.Beside the death metal band I have still the
second Seeds of Hate album which will be out sooner or later, but it
could take a bit longer, due to line up problems as usual in this band.
9. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans
of true black metal?
- The feedback is really positive. I don't know how many cds/lps we're
selling, cause of this whole dowloadshit, but I see how many people from
all over the world are clicking the "like" button on our facebook site
or how many people want to be "friends" on myspace for example. I don't
really like that internet circus and maybe I will delete our myspace
site sooner or later, but sometimes it's interesting to get such
10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future
- I guess there won't be any changes in our music. I wrote some new
songs and it's still Total Hate, raw, grim and primitive old school
black metal. We won't start adding electronic beats or keyboards for
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your
music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
- We're listening to most styles of metal, so it's possible that some
riffs are unconscious inspired by old death or thrash metal bands too.
When I listen to black metal and when I write songs, the old bands and
releases of mayhem, gorgoroth, fimbulwinter, darkthrone, emperor,
marduk, etc are the biggest inspiration for me. Beside black metal
we're listening to many other genres like (crust)punk, dark ambient,
industrial, even sleaze- and gothic rock, classic, grindcore,
moviesoundtracks and other styles. There are so many great styles of
music and artists beside black metal worth to be supported, but many of
the kids in black metal scene will never know, cause they are so true
and evil that everything beside black metal is „gay“. That's the
experience I made in the past. That's really stupid and childish.
12. How would you describe your views on Satanism, Occultism and Anti
- Satanism is a strong power. I live my way of satanism, but maybe more
in a philosophical way. I’m not slaughtering animals. It’s a personal
thing for me and to be honest I don’t want to talk much about it.
Occultism is an interesting subject, but I'm not much into it and so I
have no special views about it. There are many occult metal bands
throught the last years I really like, but it's not a topic I would use
for Total Hate. I wrote always antichristian lyrics and I still fight my
war against christianity, other stupid religions and religious fanatics.
It seems that the church loses more and more sheeps in germany, but it
seems also that the islam is getting bigger and bigger and that's a
situation I don't like. I have turkish friends, so don't interpret it
wrong. I have nothing against foreign people and cultures in Germany,
but I don't like this whole religion kindergarten. Dumb, brainwashed
disciples are trying to tell people that they have the only true god,
13. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
- Music is present the whole day so there are not many other things in
my life. Watching movies to relax maybe, cruising with my chopper, going
on trips to different countries all over the world and hanging around in
metal, rock and punk bars are my other interests. Sometimes I work also
as a DJ playing a best of old school metal and hard rock. we have also a
lot of normal pubs and restaurants where you can eat and drink beer
especially from our region an we visit that places sometimes.
14. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
- Well thanx for your support and thanx for the patience. Thanx to all
maniacs who supported us so far and bought our records and stuff. If you
want to get in contact with us, write to email@example.com