Sahrana finished split material with slovenian Provocator; now we're focusing ourselves on full-lenght album. We are without full-lenght material since 2009. Now we want to record and bring out that album to glorify over ten years that Sahrana exist.
2. Recently you where a part of a split, how would you describe the musical style that is presented on your side of the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
That is raw black metal. Good production, raw riffs, growl vocals and blasting drums. I didn't want to go off from primordial form of raw black metal, I like to keep it simple.
It differentiate in facts that I changed vocal style from scream to growl and I made shorter riffs for songs that you can find on split CD. It's really music made to hit you in the face. No bullshits, no story tellings, just fist in the face.
3. Your lyrics cover a lot of satanic and blasphemous topics, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in these themes?
Nowdays band is not so much into Satanic themes, more into anti-religious themes. Like every men and women on the face of the Earth I am also disgusted with christianity and islam, two top mass religions and also two top sickest religions. Also band is now between the fires becouse a lot of metalheads are brainless and they has „double standards“, all that becouse our recently published song called „Mosque Burner (Anti-islamic & intolerant)“. One side of them think that we are NSBM because we sing agaisnt islam and others only know to spit on christianity 'cause they don't have the balls to spit on islam, that hate us becouse we have the balls to do whatever we want. Christianity is benign religion nowdays and islam work on principe of „reaction and contra-reaction“. So I need to tell: SAHRANA IS NOT NSBM BAND. WE ARE ANTI-RELIGIOUS BAND, we spit on all religions, on the same way.
4. I know that the band name means 'funeral' in Serbian, how does this name fit in with the musical style that you play?
When you think on funeral, you probably think on gloomy and depressed feelings and sadness... so name fit quite well on previous materials for us. On this split-CD we probably needed to change the name hahaha... I'm kidding. We stick with name Sahrana now for almost over 10 years, and I think that „Funeral“ will stick very well with our next material.
5. While there has been split, single's and demo's released over the years, the last full length was released in 2009, can you tell us a little bit more about it?
Yeah, exactly; our last full-lenght was made in 2009. and I am not satisfied with that material. It was made and recorded very fast, so with a lot of mistakes and without any trace of production. I don't wanna to repeat that system, from the same reason we took few years to create music, than lyrics and to find a right studio to make our next full-lenght. I wanna for this next full-lenght to be crown of Sahrana's work.
6. Currently there are only 2 members in the band are you open to adding in other musician's or do you prefer to remain a duo?
Yes, currently bend respire as duo. Me and Point Blank from Serbian band Mržnja. We will keep to work as duo but probably we will receive some season members or studio-only members. Also we think to bring Sahrana on stage, obviously we'll need more men than two of us to do that.
7. Has the band done any live shows or is this strictly a studio project?
Sahrana is still without live show. Til now and for now band worked as studio band. But we worked some plans to put Sahrana on stage for live manifestations. We shall see in near future what will be out of that.
8. Recently you where a part of a split with Provocator, what are your thoughts on the other musical project that have participated on the recording?
Hellscream, guy behind Provocator is my brother. Fuckin' great fella. A lot of alcohol and illegal substances passed between us thru years.
His sogns are simply black metalstraight forward black metal, no compromises just shoot to kill black metal.
Provocator bring us also full-lenght last year, by my thoughts brilliant raw black metal. It is band/project that creating atmosphere on raw and filthy riffs and scumfucking vocals, which is rare thing in todays black metal.
9. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
Suprisingly good, I would say. Of course we never get any support from Sahrana's hometown, Banja Luka. 'cause BL like more modern access to music and you can number on your two hands number of people in BL who listen black metal. I get the most support and orders from countries like Peru, Brasil, Mexico, Chile, Japan and Hungary. I know that Sudamerica is full of metal maniacs who are obssessed with underground metal.
10. What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that the band members are a part of?
Currently I am preparing to record full-lenght for my doom metal band called SUTON. Also I'm working as vocalist of technical death metal band Purifict and soon we'll unveil our single.
About Point Blank; he putting some finishing touches on Mržnja's full-lenght. I heard it in pre-production and I can say that album will be fuckin' amazing. Depressive and post black meal madness, gruesome atmosphere of desperation.
11. Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
I really don't know, mate. Maybe we switch to death metal, maybe we call split-up, maybe we go into more non-metal waters... I really don't know and I don't want to know that. We work spontanious and we give our thoughts and feelings to lead the way for our music.
12. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
I speak now only in my name, not in Point Blank's name; but bands who inspired me from start and in my youth and that they are still here are bands like Beherit, Impaled Nazarene, Blasphemy, Archgoat, Profanatica, Havohej, (old) Sepultura, (old) Kreator, Sodom...etc. In some point of creating music for Sahrana they had certain influence on me and their creations. Nowdays I am more open-minded toward music than ten years ago so I'm not using musical influence to create for Sahrana, but I am still like child when I'm listenin' monuments like „Drawing Down the Moon“, „Ugra-Karma“ and monster release „Fallen Angel of Doom....“.
13. Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Support underground ! ! ! By tapes, 'zines, CD's & LP's! ! ! Support bands! ! ! Support labels !
Support Sahrana - https://www.facebook.com/sahrana.rs
Support our new label - http://ibdclabel666.bigcartel.com/