Wednesday, March 20, 2013
1. Can you tell us a little bit about the project for those that have never heard of you before?
1-Frostagrath is a one man depressive black metal band from Cairo,Egypt in 2011. it holds the
concepts : Melancholy,Negativety and Death,I adopted also the concept The Dark Side Of Life. so i try to get out what's on my head and put it all in the lyrics and the music.
I released a Demo entitled A DEPICTION OF MELANCHOLIC REALITY in nov.2012 then i released my first full-length entitled A JOURNEY OF INFINITE SORROW in 19.Feb.2013
Then finally i just released a single entitled INTO A DIMENSIONAL TIMELESS VOID
in 11March 2013
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
2-I think i am a little bit satisfied about the sound quality,because i want to transfer my anger ,
emotions and anxiety into it , so there come the necessity of the raw sound of the instruments.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
3-I try to fill the lyrics with hatred,darkness i can do,and i try to ensure that we will eventually
die and we will be tormented,and life is just an illusion we are trapped within it.
4. Can you tell us a little bit more about the project name?
4- I am a very big fan of Nargaroth,Gorgoroth...so i went that way,and in the same time i wanted
a name that defines the music of the project. so i came up at the beginning with FROST , then
i added AGRATH ,you may consider it as a tribute to these two great bands.
5. You call yourself Lord Mist, can you tell us what was it that interested you about this name to use it for your projects?
5-Since i was a child and i have always been interested in Mist,Fog,Blizzards...it's something that can lead someone to his death.and there is also another hidden reason is that sometimes i feel like if i am like a mist, blurred ; No one can know exactly what is going on inside me or inside my mind.
6. Currently there is only one member in the band, are you planning on expanding the line up in the future or do you choose to remain solo?
6-No,i prefer working alone,because i can get out the exact emotions as i feel into my music.My
cousine helped me with the mixing and mastering sometimes.but i have no interest in letting others compose with me .
7. The new album came out on Visionaire Records, can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
7-Visionaire Records is a promising record label from Italy Formed in 2011 i guess,and i think they will have a very good future .
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of depressive black metal?
8-Actually the results was amazing,it make a big success,specially because i don't recall that we have Depressive black metal bands here in Egypt,people don't expect this genre to come from a country like Egypt , so i think i make a difference even if it was a small difference about how the others thinks about the metal scene here .
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
9-My next release will be totally different from any Frostagrath's previous releases,it will be
something remarkable,it will include a better sound quality with a lot of melancholic melodies that emphasise the bitter atmosphere.
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10-I Am more into Depressive black metal and Raw black metal..Although,in some tracks on the previous album the influences of the Sweedish Death Metal band HYPOCRISY are very obvious.
.My favorite bands areAnti,Xasthur,Nargaroth,Gorgoroth,Darkthrone,Drudkh,Nyktalgia...and a
lot more.These days i can't stop listening to ANTI and Nyktalgia they are like gods to me.
11. Alot of bands cover Egyptian Occultism and Mythology in there lyrics but there does not seem to be alot of metal coming from that country except for maybe a few bands, what do you think is the cause of that?
11-This maybe because the extreme music doesn't has so much attention/Fans here in Egypt.a few who are in love with the extreme music for example :DSBM, and maybe because most of people here who doesn't like Metal music , have some weird thoughts and sick-believes about it which make some restrictions about it.I Think they just don't want to know something new.
12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
12-I Don't have a lot of interests, i spend most of my time in creating the music,reading books and learning about languages.
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
3-at the end,i want to thank you for this interview and it has been a great honor for me to be on
it ,and i want to tell everyone out there thatYou shouldn't miss the next release because it will be
something for the history ,i think it will be among the greatest ,so Stay tuned ..