Monday, November 9, 2020

Frostnatt Interview

 


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

1. My name is Alex and I created Frostnatt as a one man band instrumental project in 2019. Frostnatt has only one task — to plunge listeners into the atmosphere of winter, forest and nature.

Also for this reason I have no vocals in Frostnatt. Singing about winter? I guess this is not serious. In my opinion, only music can give you a feeling of the cold and winter atmosphere.


2.Since 2019 you have released a good amount of ep's and singles, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style that you went for on the recordings?


2. This is typical Instrumental Atmospheric Black Metal, but I try to make it interesting to listen to, not original or something like that, just interesting.

Because now it is very difficult to make something really new, there is one way to do something interesting.


3.So far all of your music has been instrumental, are you open to using vocals on future releases?


3. No, this is the instrumental project. I'm preparing another one with vocals. Maybe I will release it this year.


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Frostnatt'?

4. Frostnatt means "Frosty night" in Norvegian. That's it.


5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new ep cover?


5. I've chosen this artwork, because the military on this one looks very frozen and it perfectly fits for that atmosphere that I want to give my listeners with my music. This EP is not about war or something like that.

It's about winter and frost. It's about the simple feeling of cold that modern man can afford it as a pleasure, not a fight for life as in the past.


6.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?

6. No, I prefer to work solo. Maybe, I will work with other musicians to make a split release.



7.Since 2019 you have released a great amount of releases, do you spend a great amount of your time writing and creating music?


7. This new EP took me a month. Each EP takes no more than a month from me. One month to compose, record, mixing, make a cover and release.


8.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a a  label or have received any interest?

8. I have no label, but I cooperate with labels when they offer me to make CD's or tapes physical copies.


9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of atmospheric black metal?


9. Positively, but not always. Someone does not like tracks with no vocals or tracks that are similar to each other. But it doesn't bother me much.


10.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?


10. I'm going to make an LP this winter. About musician during, I don't know, but I'm definitely not going to play this music live or make Frostnatt a band with more than one member.


11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

11. Hans Zimmer, Mgła, Batushka (Frst LP and Bart version now), Burzum, Rotting Christ. If you want to know what I like to listening, you can check out my Spotify profile "Arbeidstakeren", because I listen to very much different music.


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?


12. Yes. Thank you for the interview. I was glad to participate in it.



Bandcamp
Facebook
Spotify
VKontakte
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment