Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Sardonic Witchery Interview

 

1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the musical project since the recording and release of the new album?

Hail, thank you very much for the interest in SARDONIC WITCHERY it is a pleasure for me to be able to answer your questions for Occult Black Metal Zine!!! In fact, I'm still waiting to receive the physical work in hands. I have made some videos to promote it and I'm still in the stage of ejaculation jejejeje profiting from this album which for me was the best I have done so far!

2.Recently you have released a new album, musically how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?

This is a different album in several aspects, I left the Grim vocals for a more barbaric voice from the 80s. The music is a little more melodic and the production is better than the previous albums, but the spirit and mentality is the same, a truly underground Black Metal album!


3.Your lyrics cover a lot of Satanic, Luciferian and Left Hand Path themes, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in the dark arts?

I don't actually follow any kind of Satanic ideology from anyone or any kind of book, I see Satanism like freedom, a choice of your own path. In my lyrics, I glorify the Master, Satanas as myself. Entering ritualistic trances invoking the liberation and the lust in the world. Always focusing on self-knowledge using some symbols to force the invocation of the evil spirits, carnal and spiritual magic, ritualizing it all in a moment of total power! It is in the darkness that I can penetrate the world, it is in the darkness that lust awaits me. 


4.You also write lyrics in both Portuguese and English, which language do you prefer?

In fact, I write in English and Portuguese, but this album also has for the first time a lyric in Spanish "Eterna Penumbra", a dedication to the Spanish SARDONIC WITCHERY supporters that are increasingly. I actually prefer to write lyrics in my mother language Portuguese, because it is much faster and easier, but maybe in the future there will be lyrics in other languages ​, I have in mind to write some themes in French for example... these are the 4 languages ​​I speak so any of them could be part of my lyrics!


5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the album cover?

Well, the album art represents the use of women in Satanic rituals and also the end of the most sexy, powerful and problematic human in the world by which men lose their minds... jajajajajja It is in some way interconnected with some parts of the lyrics in the album. It was made by Leonard Selzler from Austin, TEXAS. I met him in person for first time at a SARDONIC WITCHERY concert at Texas Mist in Austin, TEXAS in 2017 and I realized that he was a fan of the project and offered to draw all kinds of art for me, I went to see his previous works and I really liked it, so I just told him what I wanted, gave him the title of the album and quickly he worked on it. I really loved working with him and we will certainly work together again!


6.With this project you mostly work solo but also have experience working with other musicians, how would you compare the two?

SARDONIC WITCHERY has always been a "one-man band" since the beginning, maybe some people didn't understand it because after the first demo "Hidden Shadows" 2012. I started playing live with "Live Session Musicians", but I always composed and recorded everything by myself. The only thing I ever needed from someone in studio was to record guitar solos because that is something that is more difficult for me and is something that I still didn't want to abdicate. In the first album, "Kult Of the Underground Warrior" 2014 Gerardo Mendez were recorded the guitar solos and in the last 2 albums "King Of The Midnight Legions " 2017 and "Moonlight Sacrifice Ritual" 2020 Chris Menta were recorded all of the guitar solos!!! On this last album, the SARDONIC WITCHERY European Live drummer Miguel Santos recorded the drums and I'm very proud to have made this choice!!!


7.Originally the project was based in Portugal but now resides in Texas, can you tell us a little bit more about the move?

Yes, this project is a continuation of another band that i had in Portugal "INFERNAL KINGDOM" 2000-2011 where I played all the instruments and Naamah Satana Vocals the band ended and I moved to Texas and despite being registered in my name I preferred to start a new project with the only difference being that I would be the lead singer and the only official member to be sure that SARDONIC WITCHERY will only died on the day of my funeral.


8.What are some of the best shows that you have done with the live line up and also how would you describe your stage performance?

Well I have done maybe more than 200 live shows in my life, 50 of them in the last 7 years with SARDONIC WITCHERY, I have done rituals as a drummer, bassist, guitarist in bands like INFERNAL KINGDOM, CRYFEMAL, NOCTURNAL WOLF, JUDAS GOAT, etc... and SARDONIC WITCHERY as the front man! I have already gave all kinds of live shows, sober, drunk, in places without a stage, places with a big stage, etc... I have played in countries like Portugal, Spain, France, Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Belgium, and USA. Maybe the best one of SARDONIC WITCHERY was the first one in Dallas, TEXAS in 2013 when I played Drums and sing at the same time it was my first experience in this country with SARDONIC WITCHERY. Afterwards, I decided to not do it again and just be onstage as a singer. Another great shows was in Maryland on SATAN'S UNHOLY ABOMINATION FEST 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 also  Porto, PORTUGAL they are always very special rituals. Lugau, GERMANY and Prague, CZECH REPUBLIC  2019 was fucking amazing too! I describe my performance like evil rock n' roll spirit with injection of pure hell underground full of dirty and lust old fashioned black thrash metal!




9.The new album is also getting released through 4  different labels, can you tell us a little bit more about the labels you are working with on the new release?

They are all labels that I have worked with before. WAR MARCH RECORDS (USA) will release the Digipack CD limited to 500 copies. This same label just released the split vinyl 7 ' UTUK XUL / SARDONIC WITCHERY -"Underground Maniacs Of Evil" in March of 2020, NIFLHEL RECORDS (Canada) will release the Vinyl 12' version limited to 200 copies and they also released the split Vinyl 7' SARDONIC WITCHERY / TUNDRA - "Celebrating Darkness" in December of 2019, In tape format will be the same labels that released the tapes of the second album "King Of The Midnight Legions" 2017 ... WARHEMIC PRODUCTIONS (USA) will release a American cassette version limited to 200 copies and WORSHIP TAPES (Germany) will release the European cassette version limited to 100 copies! I'm proud to continue to work with them all and I’m sure they will continue to give to SARDONIC WITCHERY the best distribution to the underground maniacs around the world!


10.Over the years you also have been a part of a great amount of splits, can you tell us a little bit more about the bands you have shared these recordings with?

I have never done a split with bands that I don't know personally, NEFRET, IRAE, SILVA NIGRA, INNER HELVETE, SONNEILLON BM (My European live musicians band), BESATT, TUNDRA and UTUK XUL they are maniacs that I have shared the stage with in the past somewhere around the world! But I can let you know that I have lost interest in doing more splits. I will be more focused in individual SARDONIC WITCHERY releases in the future, but I am very proud of all the splits that I did with all these war brothers!


11.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?

I have received a lot of support from all over the world, but in fact the Portuguese, Czechs and the Latinos Americanos are the ones who have supported the project the most. Recently I received a lot of support from Colombian and Mexicans maniacs! I feel that my music is reaching more people in the underground with this new album "Moonlight Sacrifice Ritual".


12.Can you tell us a little bit more about your other musical project DRUNK MÖTÖR RIDER?

Well it is very different stuff... Drunk Evil Metal with lyrics that go more to the side of the Motorcycles, sex and alcohol. I just released a demo tape "Bitch Of Steel" 2020 by WORSHIP TAPES (Germany) limited to only 100 copies and I recently reached an agreement with WAR MARCH RECORDS (USA) to release it in CD limited to 300 copies in February of 2021 and I also work right on the debut album "Drunk Feelings Of Love" that I hope will be ready in the end of 2021!


13.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?

I see myself in the same place. I work to earn money and I do music for love. I will continue to collect material and create underground music for all fans of this dark genre. SARDONIC WITCHERY is not one of those passenger projects, SARDONIC WITCHERY will be here until the day of my death and as I told you before I'm in full ejaculation right now, soon I will start to creating the next stage of the project, it will certainly be the same as always... creating a new album without compromises and better than anything made in the past!


14.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

In fact, the old bands are the only ones that continue to inspire me. This album has the influence of all the 80's and 90's black metal and some of early 2000, but the strongest bands that influence SARDONIC WITCHERY even though i try to never copied anything because I hate copies I'm very influenced by bands like MANIAC BUTCHER, CELTIC FROST, VENOM, BATHORY, MOTORHEAD, DECAYED, MORTE INCANDESCENTE, OLD, STORM, IRONSWORD, MANILLA ROAD, FILLI NIGRANTIUM INFERNALIUM, SABBAT, MERCYFUL FATE, MUTIILATION, DARKTHRONE, Old BESATT, Old AZAGHAL, Old MAYHEM, Old URGHEAL, etc. ...


15.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

I want to thank all the live musicians who played with me up until today and helped me to spread my darkest art everywhere. Also, thanks to all the collectors of true underground music for having believed since the beginning in SARDONIC WITCHERY giving me great support in concerts and even with messages and purchase underground merchandise. Thank you, maniacs, I hope you warriors can enjoy this new album just as I'm enjoying it! Hellish Regards 666


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZXMKt77Quw


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1k7O5C4pv4

No comments:

Post a Comment