Monday, August 1, 2022

Vasileys Interview

 

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the solo project?


As the saying goes it is what it is. A project for my personal expression. Vasileys means King, in my native language. The name was inspired by the Kingdom of worlds, called the multiverse. Was the choice on purpose? Another question I have to answer to myself. What Vasileys represents, is the choice we have, to create the world we want. Each chooses alone. At ever changing circumstances us all live past, future, operate in the current moment, a past that evolves, past and future collide. I think, music can have the power to change, us, the environment, the universe.


2.Recently you have released your first album, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style that you went for on the recording?


The style of Phenomena can best be described as black ambient, with symphonic elements and quite a lot of noise.


3.Your lyrics cover star systems and nebula's, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in these topics?


The lyrics are actually channeled works. They come to me usually when the music is composed. All lyrics are in Greek and I just type what is being dictated. Everything is the same in regards to the subject matter. Ancient or new.


54Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is present on the new album cover?


It"s an occult sigil. Was it there before I drew it? A sigil is an intention in picture form. An advanced system of hypersigils links Vasileys with my older work. I think a system of magic is crucial for the advancement of art in general. Was everything perhaps predetermined?


Art is what makes the world go round. And that is the point I believe. To upload something of value to the collective. Wars are not the question but art is the point of it. Another way to put it would be to think of everything as reality art, all doings of the mind and body. Eternity artwork.


At the end of the road we meet.


5.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?


I like working alone although I'm not closed for collaborations.


6.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?


Not really.


7.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?


At the moment it's too early to say.


At past occasions, my music was received well. So, we'll see.


8.Do you also have any experience playing in other bands or musical projects?


At this question, I'll only name a couple, there are more. I used to have the project Eriphion, also the part of producer in a couple of albums. Another project was called Thaymatourgia.


9.Where do you see yourself heading into into musically during the future?


As it is right now I think the Vasileys music will take a darker road.


110What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?


All music I compose is there inside, I try really to just let it come out.


11.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?


A message: at the end, the artworks will realize themselves. We have to realize the truth each on their own. Thank you for the interview and the interest in my music.

https://vasileys.bandcamp.com/album/-


No comments:

Post a Comment