Friday, June 16, 2023

Earth Weary Twin Interview

 


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the solo project?



Hi, my name is maddox, I go by the alias “Lord Misery”, and I run a solo DSBM project named earth weary twin!


2.Recently you have released your first full length, musically how does it differ from your previous single and ep's?



I think for one, the music is more consistent in terms of tone and themes as the last EP is almost all over the place. 


3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with your music?



Mostly (since it’s a DSBM band) it’s been bout suicide and depression as it’s a good way to talk about certain subjects. 


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Earth Weary Twin""?


Funny story, so the name ‘earth weary twin’ comes from a song by keaton Henson called ‘prayer’ and when I heard the name I thought that phrase just had a lot of depth and decided I could use it. 


5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?


The artwork is a picture of a woman’s hands covered in blood, someone sent me the picture and said it would be perfect for the new album and I agreed and so I used it.  


6.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?


I’m honestly unsure, as with being solo I can have my ideas be expressed more fluently, however I would love to take this band live, meaning I would have to obviously have other members, so I don’t know. 


7.According to the Metal Archives page you are signed to 'Planetary King Records', can you tell us a little bit more about this label?


I signed with them as of today actually, the album will be released on cassette tape, and with any other releases I will release on cassette with them. 


8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of depressive black metal?


It seems to be pretty successful with having checked the stats I’ve gotten listens from multiple countries, including Spain,Italy, the UK and  Mexico so I’m hoping this means something for the future. 


9.Do you also have any experience playing in other bands or musical projects?


Not really, however I’m in the talks of starting a new death metal project with a friend of mine in another band but I’m not going to say too much as it’s not guaranteed. 


10.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?


I want to be able to continue this successfully, however I’m unsure if that will end up working. 


11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?


Honestly I haven’t been listening to a lot of black metal as of late, I’ve been listening to a lot of indie, thrash and death, and a lot of hardcore like cro mags and minor threat. But some of the bands that influence me now include, nocturnal depression, kekht arakh, woe bather, hulder, xasthur as well as the classic bands like darkthrone, burzum, emperor just really anything I listen to i take in. 


12.before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?   


Thanatopsis on tape, 06/17 through planetary king records. Also fun fact the album was gonna be completely different but my pc I had the files on, I accidently deleted every single file on, so it completely wiped the album, the only song that’s similar is eternal bleeding. 



No comments:

Post a Comment