Sunday, June 11, 2023

Feast Of The Witch Interview

 

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the solo project?


Feast of the Witch is a black metal project based in Ireland.

The project has lived in my head for quite some time.

Regular life gets in the way so it took a while to get the ideas down. I plan to release more music in the future.



2.In May you released an ep, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style that you went for on the recording?


The title of the EP is an obvious homage to Darkthrone and the goal in mind was 90s black metal but with a modern spin.

I wanted to incorporate symphonic elements but to do so in a reasonably subtle way, without it taking away from the rest of the music.

I also wanted to have elements of post metal, punk, death metal and doom and be open to experimenting with ideas.



3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with the music?


Darkness, human extinction, occultism, ritual sacrifice, depression, emptiness, despair.



4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Feast Of The Witch'?


Feast of the Witch refers to accepting the darkness and allowing it to consume you.



5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the ep cover?


I did the artwork myself. The aim was to try to convey a sense of coldness and desolation in keeping with the lyrics and concepts of the rest of EP.



6.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?


For Feast of the Witch, it was very important to me that I do everything alone.

I am involved with a collective and I have plans to collaborate on a number of other projects in the future. Check out Lost Order Cult for updates.



7.Do you have any experience playing with other bands or musical projects?


I grew up playing in metal and post rock bands. For a long time I stopped writing and producing but got pulled back in by some friends a few years ago. They gave me the push I needed to start creating again and I am very grateful for that.



8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?


Thankfully the reaction has been very positive.



9. When can we expect a full length and also where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?


I am currently writing new material for Feast of the Witch and a number of other projects. As I said before, regular life gets in the way and time is pretty limited. I try to enjoy the creative process and not worry too much about time frames.



10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?


I have always been obsessed with black metal but I'm quite eclectic when it comes to music.

Feast of the Witch is influenced by a lot of early 90s black metal but inspiration comes from everywhere.


Again, I listen to a lot of different stuff, depending on my mood. Right now I am listening to a lot of Portal, Abyssal and Dratna.



11.Does Occultism play any role in your music?

Definitely. Occultism is one of the prevalent themes of this EP.



12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?


I'd like to say thank you for this opportunity and also for your very kind review of the EP.

I would also like to thank everyone who has enjoyed the music. I am extremely grateful.


Finally, huge thanks to Bariann and Fiadh Productions who have been fantastic to work with.


Bandcamp
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment