Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Orem's Hymns Of Depravity Interview

 


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the solo project?


Orem's Hymns of Depravity is the deconstruction of the disgusting Christian beliefs that I was raised with. The hymns are written to praise one's self, Satan and all other powers that teach one to be true to one's real self. 


2.In April, you released your first full length, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style that you went for on the recording?

Although the music to me is first and foremost black metal, I pulled and always will from any musical corner needed to deliver the message and convey the atmosphere of each composition.


3.Some of your lyrics cover satanic themes, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in the dark arts?

Satan freed me from the chains of life. I had spent my whole life pleasing others and living for everyone but myself. He showed me true freedom and broke me of my restraints. I now live to conquer.


4.What are some of the other lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with the music?

I have a real hatred for this world and I am allowed after all this time to bathe in this feeling instead of questioning it. I have a hatred for how everything is and all of the people who created it. That is very much a topic.  


5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Orem's Hymns Of Depravity'?

The name Orem was divinely given to me. These songs glorify the unholy.


6.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?

This record is pain to me. The cover shows crying out, knowing that no one is there. That you are in a place so far down that it is you and you are singing wretched praise.


7.With this project you record everything by yourself but work with musicians in other bands and projects, do you prefer working solo or with other musicians?

Orem's Hymns of Depravity is my exploration of myself and the world through a metaphysical lens. Collaborative projects are far less personal but all music is important to me nonetheless. Shirk, my mentor, does vocals for "Your Lion Heart Will Weep at the Feet of My Wrath." He was asked to spit on this record and he did so in the most punishing way possible. I hope to have him on future releases as well.  


8.Currently you are unsinged, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?

I am open to the idea. It would have to be the right situation. I would like help with mixing and mastering. I am a musician and hate having to record myself although I do not know if anyone else would have done this record right. The next one is a different story. 


9.On  a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?

I have been amazed by how many people get what I am trying to do. I shouldn't be shocked because black metal is so open to exploration. I am always just so cynical with things because life doesn't usually work in your favor unless you make them work that way. I believe I did this time.


10.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that you are a part of?

I am also in a stoner thrash band called Wicked Reign. We get insanely high and write the nastiest riffs we can. 


11.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician?

I will forever be a student of music and I will be writing until my time ends. There will be many projects but Orem's Hymns of Depravity will be myself that I go home to at the end of the day. My gift to the world that doesn't deserve it. 


12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

For this record I would name lifelover, Nagelfar, Absent in Body, True Black Dawn, Limbonic Art, Leviathan, Ruins of Beverast. I listen to everything but draw inspiration from any form of evil or dark music. It's all feeling, the rest is just frequencies and rhythm. 


13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Yes. Do not live your life for others. This world is a lie. Learn to radiate in your filth. Accept who you are and open your mind. This is freedom.


https://www.facebook.com/oremshymnsofdepravity

No comments:

Post a Comment