Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Teufelsdom Interview

 

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the solo project?


DVLPRST: Greetings! Teufelsdom is one man band BM from Russia. We play old-fashioned music that glorifies the Devil. The tangle of thoughts and feelings we exude is like a knot of ravenous, venomous vipers.


2.So far you have recorded a demo, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style that you went for on the recording?


DVLPRST: I composed and recorded the music myself, as I thought it was right for me. Several people tried to work on the final sound, but in the end, I settled on my mix, which I considered the most successful for this demo. As for the style, this is Old-School Black Metal that rejects modernity itself.


3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with the music?


DVLPRST: We preach the imminent end of the reign of the demiurge and the victorious return of the Devil. All these events cannot occur without frantic blasphemy, glorification of Death and its deeds, trampling of the shrines of all religions that dared to stand in the path of the Devil.


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Teufelsdom'?


DVLPRST: The band's title consists of two German words and literally means the Devil's Cathedral. My life is given to the service of the Devil, and if the christian church declares (1 Corinthians 6:19-20) that the human body is a temple, then my body is the Temple of the Devil, in which evil thoughts are nurtured and implemented on this earth.



5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the demo cover?


DVLPRST: The cover-art depicts a cemetery, based upon the one, neighboring my house. You can also see a spectre of a woman who symbolized Death and two lit candles in her hands- these are the members of Teufelsdom. Certain references to the cover's theme can be found in the song "Погибельный Вой Легиона Могил". The material for this demo was recorded in winter, so that also left its mark. By the way, the cover was drawn by a talented blasphemer from Brazil - Yan Violador Profano, who also made the logo for me. Throughout the recording, I visited this cemetery many times, to collect materials that could help Yan with the artistic part.


6.With the exception of a session drummer you record most of the music by yourself, are you open to working with a whole band or do you prefer to work solo?


DVLPRST: I prefer solitary work. I don't rule out the possibility of very rare live performances in the future, but it would have to be really rare, something special and meaningful to me. At the very moment, I do not see any reasons to assemble full-time line-up.


7.So far very little is known about the solo project, do you prefer to keep a lower profile?


DVLPRST: Yes.


8.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?


DVLPRST: The Band belongs to "Храм Больного Звука" (i.e Temple of the Morbid Sound) that includes a miriad of Black Metal bands. In Russia, Teufelsdom will be released under the Храм Больного Звука mark. There are also agreements on publication in Brazil. Negotiations are underway regarding publication in Europe. In any case, I do not mind about new contacts around the globe.


9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?


DVLPRST: It's too early to talk about this.


10.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?


DVLPRST: The album should probably be expected within the next two years. The material has been written for it, but it will take some time before I decide that this is exactly what I would like to see on a full-length record.


11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?


DVLPRST: I'm cool with different music as long as it's good and makes me excited. Most often I listen to Black Metal and Heavy Metal. Among non-metal genres, I prefer folk music. While I am writing these lines, Arckanum “Kostogher” is playing.


12.Does Satanism or Occultism play any role in your music?


DVLPRST: Teufelsdom is definitely a satanic Black Metal band. This is its basis, without which it cannot exist.


13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?


DVLPRST: Слава Дьяволу!





https://teufelsdom.bandcamp.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment