1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard you before?
Arntor: We are a metal band from Bethlehem PA, and we’ve been around since 2006.
Nemesis Divina: To those that have never heard us before… go to www.myspace.com/vowmusic and listen to us already! Then you can join the cool people club and stop sucking ass.
2. How would you describe your musical style?
A: The foundation of our music is in Black Metal. Of course we are far from being pure or “true”; We do dabble in other sub-genres of metal to form our sound
ND: Kick ass! If you don’t like it, you are just pissed off because you suck so hard. Our music is bursting with style, and so are we.
3. What is the meaning behind the band's name?
A: We wanted our band name to be something simple and easy for someone to remember. We also like to think that we, in a way, are perverting the word. A vow is, after all, an oath sworn to God.
ND: My favorite song ever.. Vow. Also, band names seem to get longer and longer… so we wanted to be rebellious and have a really short band name instead. It makes for a great logo, so everyone can get it tattooed for all to see.
4. Have you ever thought of adding more members so that you can do live shows?
A: We’re actually in the process right now. We’ve managed to convince a friend of ours to play bass for us, we just have to teach her how! As far as a drummer is concerned, that’s a different story.
ND: Yes, in fact we have tried… but they were bungholes. So we are trying to find new members that are not bungholes. Then everyone can revel in the awesomeness of Vow.
5. Has their been any label interest in your music, and if so what kind of record label do you think would be the best for your style of music?
A:Not yet, but we haven’t actually sent any of our material out to a label. As far as what label would be most appropriate, something like moribund cult or osmose records? Honestly, anyone willing to sign us would be fine.
ND: None yet, but we haven’t tried to get signed yet. When we do find a label, we will expect lots of cash. Lots and lots of cash. So, whatever label has lots of cash will suit us best. (To labels: ignore that… please sign us…)
6. How has your music been received so far by black metal fans worldwide?
A:We’ve both been encouraged by how metal fans have reacted to our music, it would be nice if we had greater support locally.
ND: Worldwide? Very good. Foreign countries obviously have much better musical taste. All anyone listens to here in PA is lame douchebag music that the radio plays for them. When we do hit the stage, we are going to make PA recognize.
7. Out off all of the recordings that you have put out so far which one are you the most satisfied with?
A: Our last album “In the Blood of Beasts” is the one I’m happiest with. We’re always trying to improve upon what we have done in the past.
ND: “In the Blood of Beasts”, because it is triple platinum material that will put us on the map.
8. How would you describe the lyrical content of the music?
A: It really varies. Some of our lyrics are inspired by Tolkien, some of them are based on the writings of Nietzsche. Most of our songs are really about self-empowerment, pride, and courage
ND: All over the place. We do not stick to anything particular, we mix it up quite a bit. Writing lyrics sucks, especially when you are writing 7-8 minute long songs.
9. How would you describe your musical progress over the years and what direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?
A: We have been doing the same thing since 2006, we have simply become more focused and better at it.
ND: Yeah, we just get better all the time. I see our music heading to a billion dollar record deal soon enough. I am already looking at mansions and luxury vehicles.
10. What are some of the future plans for the band?
A: Well, getting our band on stage for starters
ND: Playing shows, and then hiring some body guards with high voltage tazers for anyone that pisses me off. Then we plan on taking over a country or two and calling it “Vow Land”, where I will reign supreme.
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and what are you listening to nowadays?
A: Bands like Darkthrone, Emperor, Enslaved, Marduk, Leviathan, Windir, Summoning, as well as groups like Opeth, Arch Enemy, King Crimson, Led-Zeppelin, The Cure, Amon Amarth and Morbid Angel. Recently I’ve gotten into Drudkh, Abigor, Behemoth, and Walls of Jericho.
ND: Arch Enemy, Belphegor, Windir, Opeth, and Garbage are a few major influences of mine. I mostly listen to Death Metal, Black Metal, and Melodic Death.
12. According to the myspace page you are both atheists, how would you describe your views on Atheism?
A: I see atheism as an indication of what I don’t believe in.
ND: I do not believe in god or any supernatural powers whatsoever. I study science because I am interested in the way that life actually works, not how people think it works or wish it worked. Some people are dumb asses and believe anything they are told. Those people are very funny and amusing, but at the same time scary considering their numbers.
13. What are some of your interests outside of music?
A: We both like to play Halo so gaming is one of them. I also find hiking to very relaxing.
ND: Art, hiking, science, psychology, and animals.. particularly reptiles. And when it comes to reptiles, size matters, and I like them large.
14. Any final words or thoughts?
ND: I like money.