1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
The band was formed in 2007, recorded our first demo 2008 and in 2009 our mcd “Synästhesie” was recorded and released, which received a very good response with ciritcs and fans alike. With the background of these records we played some gigs with (among others) Endstille, Wolves In The Throneroom, Todtgelichter, Anganthyr and our little tour with Totalselfhatred and Hypothermia. Last year we finished writing of new songs, this commenced in the recording of our self-titled album.
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
Simply, modern European black metal
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
Mostly life itself . Since last year I startet to read and write a lot about the sumerer and other extincted civilizations in which I found another interresting topic.
4. I know that the band name came for a quote from the Roman philosopher Cicero, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in Cicero and also if you have any interests in other philosophers?
Truly – there is no interest in philosophers, we did chose our name because it says everything about our attitude to music in general, there are no borders, we do what we want.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
Retrospectively I would say that our tour with Totalselfhatred and the gig with Wolves In The Throneroom turned out to be our personal highlights. The most important thing is the atmosphere during a concert.
We had a defining moment on a festival that we played in 2008, it was 4 am, there was a little pond right before the stage and as we entered, the sun was rising in front of us – no need for motivation for a special gig, the atmosphere was impressive and enthralling.
6. Do you have any touring plans for the new release?
Yes, we are still working on a little tour through germany/europe for next year and some single gigs !
7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black and death metal?
Wherever we went till today, the people compliment us for the great shows and really successful records/songs, of course we hope that our first full-length can score the same way and gain the same popularity. But you never know what will happen...
8. Are there any other musical projects besides this band or is this a full time line up?
T:R and myself are also playing in another band, where he plays guitar and I bass.
It is metal and a good variation to our main band, in S:L:I:A I`m writing the music and in the other band T:R is writing the music. D:B only plays in our band because its a fulltime job for him.
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
Hard to say, i am still working on new material and at times it is a mixture of classical stuff and blackmetal.
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Samael and immortal get me to play guitar, it was this feeling, so cold and impressive, that motivated me picking up an instrument. When I startet doing vocals I often heard that its sound like Abbath, this pushed me to find my own style – we are on the right way, but like its often called: The journey is your reward.
Nowadays we are still listening the same music then 10 years ago, the only matter is that it is good.
11. Does Satanism or Occultism play any role in your music?
No, we are anti-religious, that contains every religion, especially christianity.
12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
To name only two: science and martial arts , but the greatest part in my life belongs to metal.
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Thanks for the itw