Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Miserist Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

Yeah, i've always written music, but after a break from it, a few things struck me and made me want to do something dark, something that feels natural, just whatever spews out of me. Which is what I did. All the music is written by me.


2.How would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the ep?

The sound of misery. Dark, emotional, weird death metal. I didn't want it to directly sound like anything else, although Portal were very influential in the sound on this EP.


3.All of the music on the ep was instrumental, are you planning on using vocals in the future?

No I don't. I never intended this project to have vocals, so I think adding them now or in the future wouldn't make sense.


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Miserist'?

Well, the music sort of came about when I watched a documentary about an asylum for children, which was really dark and struck me on an emotional level. And I created a whole concept in my head around it, from which the music came from. The "Miserist" was the head of the asylum, the monster in charge of spreading misery throughout this asylum, torturing the kids and making them live in that hell hole instead of actually helping them. All the songs and their names are related to this concept.


5.With this project you record everything by yourself, do you feel you had more freedom to be creative?

I've almost always written by myself. I definitely prefer it. I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to write the same as me, or me wanting to write the same as someone else.


6.The ep is going to be released on 'Krucyator Productions', are you happy with the support that they have given you so far?

Yes very happy. I sent Loic some songs a while ago and was very interested in releasing it, saying it had potential. Couldn't ask for more from Krucyator. It's going great. Thanks Loic. 


7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of experimental, black and death metal?

To be honest, I haven't had much feedback, because it's only just being released properly. But i'm excited to hear what people think of the release.


8.Are you also involved with any other bands or musical projects?

I had a project or two, years ago. Nothing worth mentioning. This project started as "Headwar", which I released a demo for. It was more of a hardcore influenced deathmetal demo, but I ended up wanting to go more dark. Which became Miserist.


9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?

I don't know if I will release anything again soon. Maybe late this year. But I can really see it being darker and more straight death metal the next time around.


10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

The bands that inspire me musically are: Gorguts, Portal, Gnaw Their Tongues and Ulcerate. And that's mostly what I listen to when I do. (I don't listen to music much anymore)


11.What are some of your non musical interests?

When i'm not writing songs or working, i'm usually gaming or powerlifting.


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Thanks for the interview, and I can't wait for everyone to hear this record. Make sure to drop by facebook and tell me what you think. Thanks

Bandcamp
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment