1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
Down To Burzum was formed in 2015, i'm from the city of Sorocaba, Brazil, the truth is that was an idea that came from nowhere into my mind, i've played drums in a few bands too, but the idea to make it alone and only mine was very comforting, also bring the feelings from the early Burzum era.
2.Recently you have released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
2. I wanted to bring a message, on Peace Alone you can hear steps, this steps are from a creature searching for peace, and she finds it at end.
3.The musical project has been around since 2015 but you waited until 2018 to release any music, can you tell us a little bit more about the earlier years?
3. On april, 2017 i released only the song Down To Burzum, the feedback was great, so i planned to release earlier, got some personal problems, but now everything is going well.
4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?
4. The true is they are more like screams than lyrics, about hate, agony, i don't care much for lyrics.
5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the name 'Down To Burzum'?
5. The name Down To Burzum means Down To Depths, which was a reference to Burzum and a subliminar message.
6.On this album you record everything by yourself, are you open to using other musicians?
6. No, i prefer doing the things my way, but the last track Eyes Open Bring Only Pain was made by João Vitor Duarte, who have been a very nice friend to me, i thank him for that.
7.This musical project is a tribute to 'Burzum', which era of his music do you prefer, the early 90's music or post jail recordings?
7. I like both eras, but i prefer the early Burzum era, it was more raw.
8.The new album was released on 'Depressive IIlusion's Records', are you happy with the support that they have given you so far?
8. Yes, that was a great accomplishment to me, it was released 66 limited tape copies, i thank Gabriel SN from the horde Azalok, Exequial(BRA) and Sergiy Fjordsson from the horde Moloch(UKR).
9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
9. I have been receiving a great feedback after the Peace Alone release, also got new friends, always thanks everyone for the support.
10.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
10. Well i'm forming a black metal band where i'll play drums, i've played drums in Inhumane Rites(BRA) on 2015 so i miss the rehersals, live shows, but the Down To Burzum will continue with only me.
11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11. Bands like Maniac Butcher, Forgotten Woods, Carpathian Forest, from black metal i prefer the raw ones.
Sometimes i listen bands out of metal, to be a good musician is to known all styles, so they say.
12.How would you describe your views on Occultism?
12. You have to study it to learn it, i like to reading about it, I don't follow it, i'm agnostic, prefer to stay away from religion, demons or god, i believe in the power of man.
13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
13. I thank you John Larsen for the support and all the people who support in some way Down To Burzum.