Sunday, September 4, 2022

KirthRoth Interview

 


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?

KirthRoth was formed in 2020 has a one-woman black metal band from US focus on old 90s style black metal with satanic and occultism asspects. With demonic voices as telling the stories of how lucifer fallen to the 9th level of hell. Place where Lucifer's real body was imprisoned


2.So far this year you have released a great amount of singles, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style that you went for on the tracks? 

The style I went for is that I wanted to have a demon explain the story that is being told and I felt was more of a valid view, Something you don't really hear. With a style of old traditional  90s black metal vibe. I wanted to pull you in so you can imagine going through the levels of hell with him. 


3.So far the band has released mostly singles, are there any plans for an ep or full length?

 

That was a mistake actually I didn't really do my research on how bandcamp worked

so I just threw all my tracks on there and called it good. But all of that has been fixed and now I have a full length album ready to purchase and is  being release in a physical form by Plague Demon Records and Blasphemous creations of hell records along aside a couple of singles. 

So in the future EP's singles and albums will be done correctly.  


4.A lot of your lyrics cover satanic and occult themes, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in the dark arts?

I myself is a satanic witch and I practice the dark arts I have always found it fascinating . I have read many books on demonology and necromancy, I have a great interest in Anton Lavey's Church Of Satan and his outlooks and practices as well as Aleister Crowley's  religion of Thelema. 


5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'KirthRoth'?

KirthRoth in elvish means Ninth Circle so I tied in the Ninth Circle of hell where Lucifer's real body was imprisoned in the minds of the holy order of religions. I was inspired by my own practices and the number 9 is very important in Satanism and also my favorite number. 

6.Originally the band started out as a solo project, what was the decision behind expanding into a full band?

I was in a band at the time that wasn't going anywhere to many issues with band members and the drive to just move forward wasn't there. So as time went on and KirthRoth started gaining traction while one of the guitar players and myself were trying to keep the old band alive, I simply said hey I have my own black metal project and I think it would be great to play shows live. And now KirthRoth is a full band now and currently working on tracks 


7.I have read that the band has plans to do live shows, what can we expect when you finally hit the live stage?

All I can say on that is it's not going to be boring! 


8.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?


KirthRoth is with Plague Demon Records and Blasphemous Creations Of Hell Records


9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?


I have received a lot of great responses, they like the demonic feel of the vocals and to the atmospheric haunts and chants my music gives off. 


10.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?

Definitely touring in the near future. Getting in front of more fans around the world and one dream of mine is to play Wacken Open Air. As well as many more albums 


11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?


Asagraum is one of my biggest influences I love Obscura's lyrical witlings and her visions of Satanism and the way she express it through her music just amazing. And now 

Inquisition Dagon's Vocals are what inspired me to go even more demonic and chant like and also his music writing about Satanism as well.  And  Incubus with his jazzy feel to drums and dark sound amazing. I am listening continuously to new underground black metal bands one being BlackBraid truly brilliant. 


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Yes I do, Don't ever give up on yourself cause you are all you got in the end. so if you have a dream or a passion chase it. 

www.facebook.com/KirthRoth


No comments:

Post a Comment