Saturday, January 14, 2023

Blood On Black Leather Interview

 

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the solo project?


Blood On Black Leather is a one-man multi-disciplinary project. The project designs a transversal blend of industrial music elements, cinematic thriller-themed soundscapes and old-school black metal attitudes. Polaroids, 35mm film photography and vintage digital visuals form an integral part of Blood On Black Leather art.


2.In March you have an ep coming out, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style that you went for on the recording?


During the recordings of "Thoughtful Remark About All Things" my main focus was to transduce sound from emotions. A very personal musical style has been the natural result of this approach. I think "Thoughtful Remark About All Things" may sound like a blackened soundtrack. 


3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with the music?


Psychoanalysis, oneiric visions, Samurai culture, the Sword of Damocles, Gustavo Rol. 


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Blood On Black Leather'?


When I wrote and produced the record, a '70s leather trench was in the studio. The scent of his first grain leather has accompanied me during the process. Blood stains on black leather are concealed like hidden feelings. I also like it as a reference to the "Italian Giallo" cinema genre. 


5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the ep cover?


The cover art has been designed by me. It shows a shot taken with a vintage digital camera through a special technique that involves the use of color gels. It has not been subject to post-production editing. 


6.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?


I don't like my solitude to be disturbed. 


7.Do you also have experience playing in any other bands or musical projects?


I have been producing music since 2003. I'd prefer to keep the Blood On Black Leather project as a separate entity of my journey. So, I'd prefer not to mention my other musical projects. 


8.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?


I would like to keep the Blood On Black Leather project independent. I'm available to consider any proposal for printing my releases in physical format. 


9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of industrial and black metal?


"Thoughtful Remark About All Things" is getting genuine interest during the worldwide promotional campaign and I'm glad about that. Anyway, I'm not looking for a consensus from a genre music audience. 


10.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?


You should. I am in a research phase now. 


11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?


Between the various musical references that accompanied the writing of “Blood On Black Leather” may be cited Goblin, Carol OST by Carter Burwell, Black Cilice and Puce Mary. Vocals have been partly inspired by Xasthur and his masterpiece “The Funeral Of Being”. 


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?


Thanks again for your interest and support. For me it's a pleasure to be featured on Occult Black Metal Zine. I invite those who are interested in the Blood On Black Leather project to visit my only official web presence on bloodonblackleather.bandcamp.com. 


No comments:

Post a Comment