Sunday, September 12, 2010

Astarte Interview

1.Can you update us on what is going on with Astarte these days?


This period, I can say is the most precious and creative. I have to take care my son because I became a mother and at the same time to continue with Astarte action. We have new songs that wait to finish them. So we are about this year and 2011 to finish the 6th album.



2.What can we expect from the new material?
It will be a total new idea of what you have heard from Astarte. I can not enter in details cos the songs are not completed and the atmosphere of the album is not yet defined. The sure is that you will meet much aggression and speed. Straight riffs with energy and passion.

I would say it has an “attack” character, violent lyrics which will describe todays humanity.





3.I have heard that the band has not ever done any gigs, are there any plans in the future for any live shows or tours.


Now I have a family to take care and do not forget that I do not make money from the band, so I work. The band and music is in my everyday life so the studio work and the composing stuff is already enough to fulfil my passion. I know that lives are very important for a band to survive and for fans to have a contact but also music itself can be enough to unite that bond.



4.How would you describe your aproach to paganism and occultism?


Paganism is the natural view if dark side .is based on natures elements and it has been established from nation to nations and from fathers to sun. Occultism out of my interests. I think it is more theoretical and has no history. it is based mostly on symbols and less in mental and real/ natural concepts. I can only believe in things that I can see and feel. I have no god and no symbols to obey.



5.Are there any current side projects going on?


Right now I haven’t.



6.How would you describe your musical progress over the years and what direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?


The decade I started with Astarte back in 1995, the real black Metal came up. The raw/ cold black Metal. This is how we started too. Then we enrich our music elements, we add new instruments, different tempos, we were always a black metal band which follows the sound evolution, we emphasize in emotion and nostalgic melodies. I think we used many techniques and new concepts in every album to be interested and to share new things. I would not change anything from the pat because every album had a reason.



7.How would you describe the lyrical content of the new music?


Mythical, modern and straight.



8.What are you listening to nowadays?


On the one hand I listen to old school Metal(back to the roots), and on the other I love the latest Slayer albums, Prodigy, Behemoth, Rotting Christ and many other stuff.



9.What are some of your interests outside of music?


Right now the most precious interest is my son and my husband. It is the most creative and powerful period of my life.



10.Any final words or thoughts?


I want to thank you very much for your friendship and for the invitation. I want also to thank all those who support us so far and to let you know that music is passion and energy. Astarte will come make music as long as they can cos we want to share and to communicate with all of you.

We shall mesmerise your souls…



ASTARTE LINE UP:
TRISTESSA: vocals/ music
DERKETA: synths
LYCON: guitar/bass
ICE : drums
HYBRIS: lyrics
Official Discography (incl. Demos):
1stDemo LLOTH Dancing in the Dark Lakes of Evil
Debut album ASTARTE- Doomed dark Years
2nd album ASTARTE-Rise From Within
3rd album ASTARTE-Quod Superius Sicut Inferius
4th album ASTARTE- Sirens
5th album ASTARTE-DEMONIZED

Myspace site: http://www.myspace.com/astartetristessa
LLOTH band site: www.lloth.th
INSECTED site: www.insected.tk

No comments:

Post a Comment