1) Can you tell us a little bit about the band, since you are a new bands, and introduce yourself?
First we would like to thanks you for the space granted us, the band was formed in november of 2009 with the meeting between hel a female screamer that loves the extreme black metal in every his form and black charm a multi-instrumentalist that play guitar, keyboards and bass. In a february 2010 the band starts to create the 1st song auto-produced "Eurosia" and in July 2010 the album "The Darkest Dream" is complete.
2)What is the music sound that you try to achieve with your music?
The intent is to create a raw, venomous and claustrophobic sound,a malevolent atmosphere that enters in the mind of listener until the moment he will be a slave to it.
3) What are some the lyrical subjects and topics that you portray in your music?
Our lyrical usually are inspired by all that is obscure in the history of humanity, old books, occultism, death, moved into a hypothetical era but also our italian legends.
4) What is the meaning and inspiration behind the band's name?
Obscura Amentia that is “dark madness” born after a reflection: everyone on earth have a dark seed inside, an instinct that is called by various names, Sigmund Freud called it Thanatos, this is the drive to destroy and kill, the foundation of what many call madness, but in reality is not that one of the basic human instincts.
Obscura Amentia is this seed.
5) Have you had any oppurtinities to do any live shows yet, if so what are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
Until we don’t feel the need to do concerts, now we are exclusively focused on writing the album, maybe a day we’ll change this idea, but we promise you that we’ll compensate this lack with a high production in terms of quality and quantity.
6) Are there any side projects besides this band, or is Obscura Amentia a full time band?
Obscura Amentia is a full time project where we put into passion and all our dark devotion.
7) Currently you are unsigned, what kind of label do you feel would be the right label for this band?
Actually we’re still searching a label to spread our work, we have had some offers, but because of some problems we had reject these ones. The right label for our band must be focused to spread our music, make it known to the world, without thinking at live shows because equally if we did the concerts would be rare in relation to musical productions.
8) How has your music been received so far by black metal fans worldwide?
So far, whereas we are not well known, we suppose that we have had a good appreciation, we hope that this continues also for the future works.
9) What direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?
We think that we'll continue on this way, naturally trying to improve us.
We are already composing the new songs, in November 2010 begin the recording of the next album.
10) What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music, do you have any influences outside of black metal, and also what are you listening to nowadays?
We are somehow inspired by the swedish black metal bands, and also by the dark athmospheres of bands as Limbonic Art, and Satanic Warmaster, ultimately we are listening the last album of Watain (that has a very good sounds!), Ekpyrosis of Setherial and albums old styles as Blood Fire Death of Bathory.
11) Does Satanism or Occultism play any role in your music or lifestyle?
In the Italy, legends, story and traditions are full of occultism, then certainly they affect our music and life, in fact as mentioned above, these are some of the basic themes of our songs, sometimes the reference is direct, sometimes presented in the form of metaphor.
12) Outside of music, what are some of your interests?
Sure, these include Medieval history, Medieval re-enactment, books, softair, cinematography.
13) Any final words or thoughts before we close this interview?
Thanks again for the space granted us, thanks to all the people that support us and that sustain us. Keep the black flame alive.