1. Our project was formed in october 2013, as solo project of Sergey "Mako" Tereshchenko. It was based on idea to create some music, which will describe his own feelings, experiences and negative view of outer world and people. During 7-9 monthes was written 6 songs (instrumental part - guitars, bass, drums, atmospheric parts), and he desided to change conception of album - it becomes as some interpretation of diary, written by melancholic and depressive person. And for recording was invited Artur "Shadow" Goncharov as guitarist (accoustic and electric guitars), and was decided to take guitarist as part of the band. Because non of members can`t sing, was invited like session vocalist Nikita "IORIA" Eremeev, who also wrote excellent lyrics for us. After this we complete recording of our first album "My dying world... and life!"
2.Recently you have released your first album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also what do you feel you add to the depressive black metal genre with your musical sound?
2. Our musical sound was chosen to describe our inner feelings, which is raw and negative, but still not so good as we tried to make, because of our low budget. Anyway we think, that our sound still give for raw black metal some way for new experiments.
3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
3. With our Lyrics we tried to describe all feelings, that "author of diary" has during writting one. We tried to describe what he feel, when someone lie to him, betray him, give negative experience, try to offence him. We tried to make it like a small story of that "author". Of course it has expliting content, cause it can show you, how "main character" hate the world, and how he is angry on everybody, even thou whom he loved, but was betrayed.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'My Dying World'?
4. "My dying world Mako" means, that inner world of band former is ruined and is on the edge of self-destruction. It was chosen, when Sergey "Mako" was interested in making photos in depressive and melancholic style (there was his own internet page, which has same title) and after interpretated in a name of future music project.
5.Currently there are only 2 members in the band, are you planning on expanding the line-up in the future or do you chose to remain a duo?
5. We are planning to expand, cause we are always looking for a person, who can sing for us (for one album or for whole period of band existence). And if there will be musicians, who are interested in taking part of helping write music or organizing live concerts, we will be glad to invite them to our project.
6.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
6. If any label will offer us their service, we can sigh an agreement. But during unsigned period we are planning to make records at our own home studio.
7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
7. We are not such popular to get plenty feedbacks. We recieve only a small amount of them. Some is good, some is not. Someone like music part, someone vocal... everyone has different tastes and oppinions.
8.Do any of the band members have any experience playing or performing in other bands before forming this project?
8. Former is taking part in other project "DEC`50" (bass-guitar), but that project is "frozen" for now (leader and some other members can`t take part in life of the band). Session vocal has his main black metal project "IORIA". For guitarist Artur this is first experience in band.
9.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
9. We are planning to move our music in more atmosphere way, but still we will not forget about depressive parts of music - in that way we are working under our second album.
10.What are some of the band or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10. We are listening different kind of metal and atmosphere music, but mostly it`s an atmospheric/depressive/suicidal black metal, shoegaze, post-black, ambient. Such bands like Apati, Wolves in the Trone Room, Thy light and so on has great influence on our music in first album.
11.What are some of your non musical interests?
11. My (former) non-musical interest are working with photos, reading some books, cooking and so on.
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12. What can i tell at the end - just keep calm and listen DSBM :) and thanks to all, who support and believe in us.