1) the band was born by an idea of the ex-bassist Amnesia, but subsequently he leaved the band and the leader's role has passed to the guitarist El. In is initial period the band was called Dogma. With Amnesia the band have released an EP called "In His Trinity Essence", based on the concept of christian trinity, in particular on criticism of her every form. After three years of work (and recruitation of Azazel and Algeroth) we've released our first full-length.
2.You have an album coming out in June, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
2)Many Metal music's sites have described our sound like "raw Black metal" but we don't completely the term "raw". We consider our sound like grim, atmospheric but also refined. In the first EP the sound was more primordial.
3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
3)The lyrics face principally three topics: The rejection and a battle against religion ( Christianity in particular); misanthropy (and anti-human feelings) and negativity(depression, solitude, etc..).
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Dogmatic Absolution'?
4) The name means "liberation from dogma", that is the man who frees himself from preconceptions, lies and absurdity of religion.
5.Has the band done any live shows or has this been strictly a studio project so far?
5) No, we never have played a live show. We're strictly a studio band.
6.The new album is coming out on Tridroid Recordings, can you tell us a little bit more about the contract singing?
6) We have signed this contract only for a digital release.
7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
7) At present the number of fans increasing but, without live shows, it's difficult to have a real opinion of what the peoples think about us.
8.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
8) We don't know: Probably the band's sound evolve, so we don't know our future. We're also opened to another experimentation.
9.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
9) The band who inspired us are principally: Shining (Swe), first Watain, Mutiilation and, for the bass lines, the great cult Italian band Spite Extreme Wing. Also classical music have contributed to our sound, especially Italian composer A.Vivaldi. Our listening's are basically centered on metal music.
10.How would you describe your views on Occultism?
10)Dogmatic Absolution don't believe in occultism, magic and things like this. We use the Satan's figure like a symbol of men's liberation from religion.
11.What are some of your non musical interests?
11) El and Azazel study a scientifical subject at university so we are interested to science (especially informatics for El and chemistry for Azazel)
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12) We support misanthropic ideology.