In June 2014 we did the legendary Tour with Mystifier, Horrid and Satanize. That was an interesting and exciting time. After the concerts we began to write the Songs for the glorious “Nekro Rituals” and also we finished material for two further Split EP. As you can see: it`s going on.
2. You have a new album coming out in May, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
Ritual Occult Goat Metal
3. You label your music as 'Ritual Occult Goat metal', can you tell us a little bit more about this term?
We praise the Goat as a symbol of Evil and of Antichrist in the World. We don`t fit in these drawers for Death or Black Metal and so we create our own Ritual.
4. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the newer music?
The lyrical content is almost an intellectual trademark of Goatblood and always special. Some contain topics of satanic, ritual, antihuman and war. Anyway, it is a pleasure for us to play with the “reputation” of believing Christ. For example, we turn or change excerpts of the bible into something weird. Essentially nothing else than what do religions - just in a serious way.
5. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Goatblood'?
The Name was come to mind by Satanic Death Vulva. In principle it doesn`t mean something special. We just looking for a laconic Name in the vein of old 80/90ies Death/Black Metal combos. That`s what we did and it is felicitous.
6. Currently there are only 2 members in the band, are you planning on expanding the line up in the future or do you chose to remain a duo?
Actually there are no plans to expand Goatblood. Formed by Satanic Death Vulva and Reverend Slayer only. Maybe we could add some personal – and so we do on Live Gigs – but in the end we`re still a duo.
7. What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
Hm… not so many gigs like you expected. On the set we`re covered in cattleblood, some black corpsepaint or wear ski or gas masks. Wherever it`s possible we place huge anti-crosses and start with a Intro. The light should to be monochrome.
8. Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
Expect some rituals within Germany soon... !
9. In March you where a apart of a split with 'Nuclear Perversions', what are your thoughts on the other band that had participated on the recording?
Nuclear Perversions is a great Band that has their own vision to tell about downfall of our nice place called Earth. There is never too much radiation absorbed dose. We appreciate this way of variety. Hail.
9. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of war, black and death metal?
Most sales and fans come from outside of Germany, the interest in GOATBLOOD is more than we expected!
10. What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that the band members are a part off?
Satanic Death Vulva plays in sporadic ways by “Decibel Rebels” (Thrash/Black Metal) by “Ad Arma” (War Metal) and “Nacht” (atmospheric Doom Metal). All these Bands released some material in recent times. Reverend Slayer was one of the former members by the local Black Metal Band “Morannon”. But for several reasons actually were put to ice after nearly 15 years. Maybe it will be unleash a last Demo with old unreleased Songs but when it really does – I can`t say. Wait and see!
11. Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
So long as we doing this kind of music – we do. And there is no doubt for future that it could change because we can`t something else.
12. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
It is really difficult to mention some Band who affected us in a special way. There are just too many great and uncountable Bands out there. Above all we do music since back the mid of the nineties. To tell you some influences: „Beherit“, „Sadomator“, „Darkthrone“ or „Blaspherian“… and many others. These are indeed good names and we still listen them.
13. How would you describe your views on Satanism and Occultism?
Satanism is a big part in Goatbloods live and a sign against feelings, traditions or other awkward rites of Christ. Broadly speaking: we deny every religion – and therefore Baphomet is our vehicle to trumpet out blasphemy.
14. Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
I hope that all life on Earth ends soon!!!