Thursday, August 20, 2015

Funeral Art Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the musical project these days?
I just released a new EP, it is instrumental, called Órenyall, is only for download.
I'm currently working on what would be my next album, under the name of 'La Belleza Oculta' which it translates as ' the hidden beauty', for now i still do not have an exact date for the release.

2.In June you had released an ep, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
Órenyallo is an EP  which fuses many genres, it is difficult to describe the sound itself, the intro and outro it could take as a mixture of Ambient and New Age with a touch of classical music, while the main song (Órenyallo), covers many more genres, like Doom, Ambient, Black Metal, shoegaze and a guest saxophonist (Carlos Torre).
I think it would be more like a musical journey.

3.All of the musical on the new ep is all instrumental, what was the decision behind going into this direction and also would you use vocals again in the future?
It is instrumental, because i use to promote my new facebook page.
Yes, I will use voices again in the future.
Also to add, the songs from my last EP will be included with vocals on 'La Belleza Oculta'

4.When you had lyrics what where the topics and subjects that where explored?
In the beginning, occultism, magic, even included in my first full album, the complete Catholic mass in latin, later, the inspiration came from my former partner Witchy Hxryn and more human subjects were included in lyrics, love, sadness, melancholy, dreams, etc ...

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Funeral Art'?
Funeral is taken by the Funeral Doom genre and Art i take it because i personally believe that music is an art form.
That's why the Doom always been present in Funeral Art.

6.Originally the musical project was a duo but now is a solo project, are you open to working with other musicians again the future?
Funeral Art originally started as my solo project in 2006, Witchy Hxryn entered in 2011.Funeral Art will remain my solo project, but now i am coming to agreements, to have guest musicians.

7.The band split up briefly, what was the cause of the split and also the decision to reform?
It was for personal reasons, but then i realized how important it is to make music, of course, from my personal point of view.

8.I have read that you have also done one live show with this project, are you open to doing any shows again in the future?
Yes, i had the idea of ​​doing a live performance this year, but for now, i dedicate to finish my next album.

9.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
Previously Satanarsa Records () a Russian label relaunched my last three jobs, 'Susurros de una Noche', 'El reflejo de tu Ausencia' and 'Semper Altus'.
I am currently looking for a label who wants to release my next album, so i 'm open to proposals or invitations.


10.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of ambient, black and doom metal?
Really well, as always, much better than i expected.

11.When can we expect another full length and also where do you see your music heading into musically during the future?
As i said earlier, I'm already working on a new album, but still i do not have a release date.
In the future i hope my music by released by a label, to reach more people and prevail, because it is my legacy .

12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
My first influences came from, Depressive, Doom, Ambient, Black Metal.
I hear today these genres, but added it, Post-Black Metal, Shoegaze, or Blackgaze.

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Thanks for your time and the space on your page, visit my facebook page ((https://www.facebook.com/FuneralArtGTM) ) and listen to my new record (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWAe71aQ7R0)

No comments:

Post a Comment