1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
- Eldamar is an Atmospheric Black Metal project formed around summer of 2015. It is a solo project that focuses on fantasy, inner emotions and nature. The whole intentions with Eldamar is that the listener can use the music as a kind of "escape". You can drift away in your own dreams and follow a story that is being loosely told or make up your own. You can look upon it as a journey.
2.Recently you have released your first album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
- In the first half of the album you really get the feeling of northern nature. You know, the hard rough winter spirit. You have good and bad things happening, and you can really feel it in how the songs progress, you have quiet and calm parts and some more aggressive and epic. The last part of the album has a different sound to it. It is even more epic and solemn. More Elven like than the others. That is the change and the biggest part of the story, like you entered a different realm.
3.Some of your lyrics deal with Heathenism and Nature, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in those subjects?
- I wrote some kind of poem before uploading on SoundCloud to fit together with the music and my thoughts. It is simply that you should be grateful with your heritage. Take great pride inn the force that makes you alive. Have respect for everything that grows in nature. You do not harm a tree unless you have to. Honor your ancestors for what they have done. Keep with you their wisdom. Keep your soul clean and free until it gets chosen to rest, then get passed on... that is the way of things.
4.The bands name came from the writings of J.R.R Tolkien, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in this writer and also do you have any interest in any other fantasy writers?
- Lord of the Rings is prety much the whole reason I did Eldamar. It is a very good story. It includes a lot of epic stuff on topp of the story. It was something I was fan of even before I saw the movies or read any of the books. You know when you are a little kid and are fighting with sticks in the forest. And when I finally saw it i fell in love with the whole atmosphere. What moved me the most was the music, and the Elves. I started to write in elvish and all that good stuff. I even took an elvish tattoo :P when I discovered that Heathenism had elves, it opened a big door. And I was combining it together. Alfheimr in Norse Mythology means Elvenhome witch again means Eldamar in elvish (Quenya). Another writer i like is JK Rowling.
5.With this musical project you record mostly everything by yourself, are you open to turning the project into a full time band or do you prefer to remain solo?
- Not a full time band no. The music is not much of a live thing either. And I don't think I want it in other hands than mine. Things i can't record myself, I will just sample.
6.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
- I have got a lot of request about signing Eldamar from a lot of labels. I have to go for my feeling in this matter. I asked about making a deal with Northern Silence Productions. They have a lot of followers, they sign bands that I enjoy and the idea seemed good. And they wanted to take me on. Just have to change the album art. Thats all.
7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
- It has been very good. You know, the fans are enthusiastic. They like and sharing the music to others. There is a lot of great people who want you to get the right contacts and really want you to succeed. And i'm very grateful for that. I didn't think it would grow as fast as it is doing.
8.Are you also involved with any other bands or musical projects?
- I just started to work on a new project with a good mate of mine. The project is called Askheimr. The old name for Askim, the town we are living in. This will be a live thing as soon we find members and have the songs done. And i will of course continue with Eldamar.
9.Where do you see yourself heading into musically during the future?
- I believe it will be the same thing as now. I will se how far I can get Eldamar, at the same time I am working with Askheimr.
10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
- Prety much most black metal bands. But i was introduced to Lustre by my friend. I fell in love with his music and the genere. Then I started to listening to more atmospheric black metal like Elderwind, Caladan Brood and I wanted to take it further. So that's another reason for Eldamar.
11.What are some of your non musical interests?
- Haha, that's not much. At the moment i am a welding apprentice. But it is mostly stuff like art, history, filosofi and a good party ;)
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
- Well, I have to thank everyone for supporting me and help me through. I am really grateful. And I must say thanks for a nice interview.