Friday, August 4, 2017

Ignominious Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band since the recording and release of the new album?
After the release of the new album I began to write new songs for our next material. I have already finished two of them yet. Fortunately I'm inspired again and I'm full of ideas.

2.In April you had released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
The throne and the altar spreads melancholy and decay through its fast-paced, cruel, melodic and aggressive way. I've written all music in the same vein as mid 90's northern black metal. It has more advanced song structures than the former releases. It has solos, the bass themes are more varied and the vocals are more wrathful than before.

3.This is your first album since 2011, can you tell us a little bit more about what has been going on during that time frame?
We have done few gigs in 2012 and most of the songs from The throne and the altar were finished. I have done some gigs with other black metal bands as session bass guitarist in 2013. We started to record the drums on 23 July 2014. The recording process was very slow because my private life was very busy. I moved back to my hometown and I had to put the band to sleep. The recording process ended on 22 December 2015 with the vocal recordings. I have got the final mastered version on 16 August 2016 so it was a long journey...

4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the newer music?
The main lyrical line is death and passing later on. The lyrical topics on our new album include the fall of royal and ecclesiastical power, too.

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Ignominious'?
I always wanted a name that has negative meaning and not reserved by other bands. It's in English but it looks like a Latin word. Perfect for the band.

6.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
I like every show we did. I only have good experience. We have done several shows from 2007 to 2012 in Hungary and Slovakia. Our every show was unique because we have never played the same setlist. You can view some of them on our youtube channel. There is one gig we always mention. Mortal Fest 7 in Martos, Slovakia back in 2008. That was mainly a gore/grindcore/death metal festival but we played there as a black metal band with two demos behind our back. The crowd was crazy and they liked what we have done. Great memories...

7.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
We don't have any request at the moment but I want to play live soon. As a first step I want to organise an album release gig here in Hungary in autumn. And before I forget the band is 10 years old this year so it deserves a show too.

8.Currently the band is signed to 'Hidden Marly Productions', can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
It's a Japanese label run by Shota Oishi. He is a really cool guy. When we finished our latest album I have sent him an email and I told him we are looking for label. I would like to mention here we haven't talked since the release of Death walks amongst mortals. He was listening to Sacrilege (first song of our new album) and he liked it and he said "I can release it in April". After that I sent him the entire material then he released it. Everything went really smoothly.

9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
I don't remember any good worldwide feedback. I have read some foreign reviews of our demos but we had bad ratings. Our reputation is very low abroad. Not so many people know about the existence of the band. Here in Hungary we had moderate to good reviews. Nothing outstanding. We have never done any marketing before so that's why very few people know about us.

10.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
Later on my main goal is to writing music that has the perfect balance between melodic and devastating. Melodic but not soft, devastating but not boringly raw and monotonous.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
My major influences are 90's black metal albums. Without completeness, Gorgoroth's first three albums, Obtained Enslavement's first, Taake's first, Those of the unlight and Opus nocturne from Marduk, demo of Strid and so on. My minor influences are 80's thrash, speed, and heavy metal albums like Helloween - Walls of jericho, Viper - Soldiers of Sunrise, Cobra - Back from the dead, Dark Angel - Darkness descends, old German speed metal demos and so on. Nowadays I'm listening to old heavy metal like Tokyo Blade - Midnight rendezvous and some new bands who successfully revive the old school art. Satan's Hallow and Blade Killer for example.

12.How would you describe your views on Occultism?
In my younger days I read several books about the topic. I have always been curious about the post-mortem life. It perfectly fits in the lyrical themes of Ignominious.

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Thank you for the opportunity! Keep the black art alive! Mephyriz / Ignominious - Heralds of passing since 2007.

Facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment