Sunday, April 28, 2019

Comingforever Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
Hello, yeah of course. Comingforever is my solo-project where I put some ideas that I have in mind and would not fit at all in other projects in which I am involved. It started a few years ago when me and my friends wanted to create new projects based on the primitive-old-metal-sound (to give it a name) of the 80's and 90's; each one of us did a new solo-project and started to recording new songs, they're not playing anymore but if you want, I can send you great tracks they recorded. I do everything in my house, there I record and produce everything.

2.So far you have released a split and a full length, musically how do they both differ from each other?
I think there is not much difference in sound, I worked on both albums in the same year and I believe that it was in a very short time lapse between song and song. Initially in fact, all the songs were going to belong to the same album.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with the music?
Well, I do not consider myself someone offensive or aggressive, I prefer peace above all else; in these songs I speak about the hypocrisy of religions (and people in general), the illness that causes and the way they blind us. I also talk about the planet and how we should avoid the destruction of it. I would like to talk about the history and rights of animals in the future.


4.There has been no music released since 2016, can you tell us a little bit more about what has been going on during this time frame?
I have composed so many songs, speaking of comingforever and my other solo projects too. In fact, this week (April 26) I'm re-releasing a forgotten single, it's a sound sooo different and distant from sunburst; I do not think it can even be considered blackmetal (or even metal), however, it was a very important track for me. I composed it with the help of a very good friend who is no longer with us and wanted to launch it again. It’s called ‘insulation’ and you can listen to it on spotify and all music platforms.

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Comingforever'?
I wanted to create an abstract name, but also something easy to pronounce. I do not remember where those two words came from but it was like 'hell yeah, this is the name'. For me, it's like a reminder that something good will happen.

6.Originally the musical project started out in Mexico but the facebook page has the current location as being Australia, can you tell us a little bit more about the move?
I actually live in Mexico hahaha, I changed the location I do not remember why haha.

7.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?
I am always open to collaborate! I like to make music, of any style. I've been playing music for as long as I can remember, I started with piano, then drums, then the guitar. Whoever wants to make music, is welcome in my studio even if he does not know how to play anything!

8.You have also shared a split with 'No Peafowls', what are your thoughts on the other musical project that had participated on the split?
He is a good friend, (in fact, I run Cuerpo Records with him). I met him when I wanted to release a vaporwave album under his label, Empty Records (label dedicated to put out electronic-experimental-underground music). His (no peafowls) music is very different from Comingforever, it has more layers of noise and much more experimental tunes. I admire him.

9.So far all of your music has been released on 'Cuerpo Records', can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
When I started making music with comingforever, I was sure that maybe any label was going to put some interest on my music. Especially because I did not have many contacts in the industry and I did not want to have any musical genre nor established standards either ideologically or aesthetically, I wanted to create something where did not matter who you were or how you looked, but what you had to tell and show the world with your music.

10.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?
I think I'm under the radar of bm fans, as I have estimated hahaha, I have no problem with that, but of course, I would like to have a little more reach.

11.When can we expect another release and also where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
I've played live two times, the first one in an experimental music show in Monterrey, Mexico (next to No Peafowls in fact), it was very strange but pleasant. The second time in a blackmetal show in my city, I'm not sure how it was taken by the most true metalheads of the guild, some laughed at me I'm sure of that hahaha, but I liked the reaction of the general public.

12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
I think Darkthrone is the main influence, I try to get influence from a feeling. Something that can be transmitted, something you can feel or think about, a place; something present from the way I record and compose to the way in which the final mix ends. In the future I would like to make even more raw recordings. I also rely on a lot on the metal of the 80's and 90's. But to be honest, I listen to everything, from heavy metal to indiepop, I have no problem with that.

13.What are some of your non musical interests?
I really like soccer, retro computer games, tabletop rpg, podcasts (in fact I have one, where I talk about daily life and the world in a very relaxed way), graphic design (that's what I do for a living).

14.Before we wrap up this interview. do you have any final words or thoughts?
First of all thank you for the time and space and above all, the interest you put on my music. I'm glad to find spaces like this to spread the word about my music. Let's listen to some new (and old) music! In the end it is what really counts!

Bandcamp
Facebook
SoundCloud

No comments:

Post a Comment