Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Wind Of Eternity Interview

 

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the solo project?

Wind of Eternity started in 2010 after the split of my previous band Orchid. My name is Zeb-zero and I take care of all instruments, programming's and voices. In reality first compositions which are present in the current album, are dated long time ago (2005-06). During all this time song have been dismantled and re-arranged to take a new form. With this solo project I just try to compose the music that I like more, putting together powerful riff and melancholic atmosphere. That's just a depressed aggression!  


2.Recently you have released your first full length, musically how does it differ from your previous ep?

The first album of Wind of Eternity (After All These Years) is really different to my previous EP released with Orchid (Monumento Suicida). Orchid was a amorphous creature devoted to a sad, darkened raw black metal. Wind of Eternity, which is always full of somber atmospheres, shows songs which are more articulated and complex also from an arrangement point of view. 


3.You also took a 7 year break, what was the decision behind making a comeback after the hiatus?

Yes, indeed the projects remained on hold for a lot time. This break was due to other priorities but the woodworm of the music was always penetrating my mind. After a long disease, to turn my life, I have decided to work again in my old writings.


4.What are some of the ,lyrical topics and subjects that you have explored with the music so far?

As you can imagine the themes of the lyrics are not ideal for a beach party. Main topics are the decadence of the society, negative personal experiences, nostalgy of past times, repulsion against boring - following mass people.


5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Wind Of Eternity'?

With this name I wanted to represent something that can remain during time. Something pure. 


6.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?

That's a bit funny how the cover was created. In a first instance I wanted to use a picture taken in a industrial area located in the country close to my house during the last winter. A mix of asphalt and greyness of unused buildings. Later I wanted to use my own drawing representing an entity in the solitude of a grey city. At the end I have tried to combine the picture and the drawing and you can see the final result. That's easy to understand the meaning: un undefined entity in the loneliness between grey buildings and abandoned factories. 


7.With this project you record everything by yourself but have experience working with other musicians in your previous band 'Orchid', how would you compare the two?

There is a huge difference; as you can imagine with Orchid the composition process was done by my partner and I separately and then in the rehearsal room we tried to put all together and define the structure of the songs. Now, doing all in my own, and working in the absolute loneliness I take care of the composition of everything, track by track. First approach was mostly based on instinct, second one is a bit more reasoned.   


8.The new album is going to be released on 'Visionaire Records', are you happy with the support that they have given you so far?

Yes, they are supporting me on the promotion of this opus and I am happy so far, they are doing a great job. I suggest also to have a look on their full catalog because they are plenty of interesting releases.


9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of depressive black metal?

I think it is a bit early to say, the album has been just released.  I am not sure that this album could be appreciated only by fans of this kind of music. In this album there is a mix of different musical aspects that could be appreciated by a wider range of listeners. I would define my music like a sort of depressed metal aggression


10.Where do you see yourself heading into as musician during the future?

That's hard to say. I am currently working on new material and my focus is to have a new album ready soon. Song are mostly all composed, now I am in the recording phase. Name of the second album should be Storpio Mentale (Mentally Crippled). And it is not completely excluded a live activity in the future. This will depend if I find the right people for the band. And another focus is to improve my mixing skills in order to mix the songs in my own


11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

There are a lot of band that influenced me. As you can imagine I am a lot into music. If I have to provide some names for sure I would say: Darkthrone, Leviathan, Shining, Novembre, Katatonia, Forgotten Tomb, Krohm...Coming to my nowadays listening's I like different stuff from dark, progressive, till to the most deviated metal 


12.Before we wrap up this interview., do you have any final words or thoughts? 

Please listen the first album of Wind of Eternity, it is a well recorded and mixed stuff. Use an good quality audio system and raise up the volume! You will enjoy it!!!


Zeb-zero

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100086259489401

No comments:

Post a Comment