Saturday, March 6, 2010

Endstille Interview


1. Can you update us with is going on with the band these days?
We were searching for a new vocaslist for nearly half a year. During that
time we worked live together guestvocalist. Thanks by the way to Mannevond
of Koldbrann who played the festivals with us and Lugubrem of Mordskog who
sang for us at the European Tour. But finaly Zingultus joined the band now
as our new vocalist. You might already now this guy from bands like
Nagelfar, Graupel or Graven.

2. When can we expect new material?
At the moment we're busy with writing new songs. Probably we'll enter the
studio in March or April. So if everything's going well, you can expect a
new CD at the end of summer or beginning of autumn 2010.

3. You have been around for almost 2 decades now, what is it that keeps
you going after all these years?
There still so many Endstille-songs which are not written yet. We still
have a lot of ideas for a lot of new material. So the music itself is
always what keeps you going on.

4. Everybody knows about your interest in the first 2 world wars, but what
are your views on the wars that have followed that including the current
wars?
Of course war is always an interesting subject and the wars which took
place after the world wars are also quite attractive. But I think the
world wars had been something special. I think the second world war had
been the cruelest period ever. So many unbelievable things happened during
that war and it had been a war which the world never had seen before and
until now never saw again.
Especially as a German band these wars are more interesting for us,
because it still has an effect on us and the country where we're living
in. So of course wars like for example Vietnam are fascinating too, but
maybe that is an topic for an U.S.-band.

5. What are some of the best shows so far and how would you describe your
live performance?
I'm looking back to a lot of good concerts. The shows at the Wacken or
Party San are always something special. But also the club-concerts are
always great. I think there is always something special about every
concert.
But how should I describe our live performance? Good question... maybe it
fits when I say, that we're a very pure and honest band on stage without
any histrionics or stuff like that. Just pure and aggressive Black Metal.

6. Are there any plans for a U.S tour?
There're no concrete plans at the moment. But if we get a fitting
opportunity for a tour when we released the new album, we would like to go
on tour in the U.S.
We'll see what happens... hopefully we can make it...

7. How was the last album received by black metal fans worldwide?
We got good critics for that album. I also heard very often that the
people liked it. So we're satisfied with the reactions on that album. It
also seems that the people in the U.S. recognized us with that album a bit
more.

8. Out off all the albums that you have recorded so far, which one are
you the most satisfied with?
I'm satisfied with each album. Each album was perfect for us when we
released it. I still like to listen to all of them. Of course as a
musician you always say that the newest is the best one. But in retrospect
I like them all.

8. How would you describe your musical progress over the years and what
direction do you see the band heading into on future releases?
We always worked on our own style of playing Black Metal. We never copied
any other band. So that's what we'll do in future too.
I think their had been many progresses, for example the sound or the
songwriting. In Germany we say „Stagnation means death“, so there should
always be progresses.
Maybe on the next album you'll find some more Thrash Metal elements.

9. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music
and what are you listening to nowadays?
Of course the old German thrash bands like Sodom, Kreator or Destruction
influenced us a lot. Also the old school Death Metal bands and of course
the early Black Metal bands.
I'm listening to a lot of different styles of music, from Black Metal to
Crust Core/ Punk. I like to listen to everything I want to...

10. I know the band is very anti religious but do you have any interest in
Occultism or Satanism?
I like the satanic philosophies a lot. I used to read much about these
topics. But Endstille is absolutely no spiritual band. Just personally I'm
interested in these subjects.

11. What are some of your interests outside of music?
For sure history, but I guess you knew that before.
I'm also interested in Art. I don't have any favourite painter or era I
prefer. I also draw by my own a lot. It's one of my hobbies.

12. Any final words or thoughts of destruction?
FUCK HELL!!! und gute Nacht.

Bandcamp
Facebook
Homepage
Myspace
Twitter

No comments: