A: Hi, my name is Skinrur and i play in the german Black Metal band ‚Agonie‘ since early 2014. In February 2015 i had some song ideas that don’t really fit into Agonie, so i decided to start a little solo project and named it ‚Verlassen‘. Due to the unexpected big and really positive feedback i decided to move on and make some albums.
2. Recently you have released a demo, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on this recording?
A: All of the recordings are home made, but i think i did a really good job with it. It sounds raw but a lot better then the typical Black Metal underground cliché.
3. You also play in 'Agonie', what are some of the things your are able to do with your solo project not you are not able to do with the band?
A: I do not plan on playing live with Verlassen, so i am able to write multiple guitar tracks along with some keys and synths without any trouble. While writing songs for Agonie is a little bit more difficult since we are limited to 2 arms and legs per person.
4. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects with your music?
A: The Demo has very little lyrics, but it is mostly about pain, hate and the willing to die.
5. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name ;Verlassen’?
A: One proper english translation of Verlassen would be ‚desolate‘. It means that I am left by all good spirits.
6. With this musical project you record everything by yourself, how would you compare working solo to working with a full band?
A: Sometimes it is easier to write songs since all the communication process is not needed but on the other hand, it is really hard sometimes to come up with all the ideas by myself. Working in a team with good buddies is much more fun though.
7. Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or received any interest?
A: I don’t look forward to sign anything yet since i have a lot of private stress right now, but i would appreciate every offer of some labels. If the offer is right, i could see my self signing a label.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
A: The very most of my fans came from Germany. I think it is a bit hard to get noticed outside of Germany with german lyrics. But the feedback was very positive, especial by those who are not from Germany.
9. When can we expect a full length, and also where do you see yourself heading into musically during the future??
A: I think the first full length will be available around spring 2016. Until then i will probably make some short things like a split, an EP or some covers. I also plan on writing songs with some other Black Metal genres. Currently it is kind of DSBM but i would like to bring some variety in the future. And of course, we have big plans with Agonie. So make sure you are ready for this!
10. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your musical project?
A: I wanted to make some really depressive music along with some ambient influences that makes you start thinking about your current live position. I think the biggest influence for the instrumentals is Burzum.
11. What are some of your non musical interests?
A: I do like developing software which i also do job wise right now.
12. Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
A: Thank you very much for this interview and your review. And a little shout out to SixSixSixMusic. They did a lot of promotion for me.