Monday, April 18, 2022

Dream Vision Interview

 


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the solo project?


Dream Vision is new project started January 2022, founded by Jan Oblak (Zorya) while I was thinking how to put together electronic and extreme metal genre. After few days I discovered almost new genre Blackwave and Blackgaze, which is popular more than 10 years. 


2.You have a full length coming out in May, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style that you went for on the recording?


My style is something unique, I am representing Blackwave, which is almost new genre, maybe you heard for some similar bands as Abstract void… But still music is more Blackgaze, post-rock with all melodies that make music softer and easier for listening. I think that the best way is to listen my music and you will see ;).


3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with the music?


All lyrical topics and subjects are mostly talking about psychological and depression.


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Dream Vision'?..



Dream Vision is psychological thing and mean, ' When we sleep, we sometimes dreaming about something real and we can remember that. It was really important in Medieval times.


5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?


Artwork is representing dark side of dreams, We can dream, but we don't know if we will see that one day. So 'cause of that I use Old Chinese  building, because I am always dreaming about this culture.


6.With this project you record everything by yourself are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?


I was recording this album by myself, cause I was practicing recording, I am studying audio engineering.

I really like working with other musicians, but now I needed more time for myself and programs, cause I was confused sometimes how everything will work. And It was easier to work…. 


7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?


Yes it's true I am unsigned and I am looking for label, who will help mw to release album on CD's and vinyl.


8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of blackgaze and post black metal?

Ohh.. I don't know cause album wasn't released yet, but I think if people will help me with promotion, this album can be really good reacted, it's hard to find album with mixed genres.



9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?


I can see myself heading into a successful and world-recognized musician. I want as many people as possible to listen to my music and enjoy it. I also plan to release new albums. And show people that metalheads can mix all genres together!



10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?


My music interests were always the same metal and 90's elecro music. But sometimes it's good to listen some classic or shlager music. But all I can say every music inspire me. It's doesn't matter what is. Important is that music is made by heart.


11.What are some of your non musical interests?


Oh I really like to help on small farm where can I feed animals and helping parents to work around the house. All I need is fresh mountains air, cause in Slovenia we have really beautiful landscape and mountains…


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Yes thanks you.. to be part of your webzine and to all readers who supports all music pages.

People If we have music we will be happy, if government shut down music we will die! This is my moto for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment