Friday, June 28, 2013
1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the project these days?
Currently there are two different projects going on. The first one is an EP more related with neofolk/drone/ambient music, not exactly the 3rd "Ambient works", cos it´s gonna be more extended and complex, musically and conceptually. It can be described as a hybrid between "B E I T H" and "Ambient works". The second one is the new LP, that´s gonna be totally more black metal, sonically speaking.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the newer material and how it differs from previous efforts?
If we speak about the new album (not the EP), it´s gonna be more dense and atmospheric. Longer songs, drone-folk inspiration but translated into electricity, i mean, with electric instruments. If you listen to Sangre de Muerdago´s cover on Z I N V M M´s bandcamp site, you can approach a little to the new sound. In fact, that song´s gonna be included on the album.
3. The lyrics cover Irish, Gaellic and European Folklore, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in these topics?
I´m from the north of Spain, i´m just worshipping my roots & my origins. I wouldn´t like these folklorical traditions be lost in time, so who else´s gonna maintain them but people from there?.
4. You have done both black metal and ambient albums, out of the 2 style which one do you prefer to perform as a musician?
Each one of them has its place in Z I N V M M´s timeline, so it´s obvious when i´d been more comfortable with each...should i say "genre"?.
5. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the projects name?
6. Currently there is only 1 member in the band, do you plan on using musicians in the future or do you choose to remain solo/
In fact i don´t play all instruments. In "B E I T H" for example you can find a lot of different instruments played by other musicians who kindly collaborated in such an ambitious song. And of course, i will need some people for live concerts, etc.
7. Currently you are signed to This Winter Will Last Forever, can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
They are kind people who spend part of their lives working on this, call it "scene", "underground" or whatever.
8.Recently you put out a split with Awylwin, what are your thoughts on the other band that participated?
I can say exactly the same as in question #7.
9. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal and ambient?
All of them almost positive, just found a couple of negative reviews. The most weird and bizarre was one that, don´t ask me why, talked about someone who jacked off his dog for "relieving the dog´s sexual tension", then made some questions about it, and then talked about "Lobishome" EP. It´s a crazy, crazy world, i guess.
10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Hun Huur Tu, Sangre de Muérdago, Phurpa, Tenhi, Ukrainian folk music, Arvo Pärt, and big long etc.
12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Arts, cinema, reading, history, reading, arts, cinema, history, arts...don´t know if it sounds boring, maybe should i need to learn to cook or something?.
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Thanks a lot for your interest about this project, stay tuned at Z I N V M M´s FB page ( https://www.facebook.com/Zinumm ) or the bandcamp site ( http://zinumm.bandcamp.com/ ) for new stuff and/or different things that someday, will be released.