Saturday, March 22, 2014

Forgotten Deity Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the project?

Forgotten Deity is my one-man band. It's mainly instrumental music, depicting the beauty of nature. It takes listener into forgotten forests among pure mountains. My music is full of ambient synths, black metal guitars and slow tempo drums. Vocals (black metal screams or whispering) appear very rarely up to this moment.

2.A few months back you had released your first album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?

Sound is clean and atmospheric.  Something in between Lustre, Basarabian Hills and Evergreen Refuge if comparing to other projects. 

3.Can you tell us a little bit more about the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?

Some lyrics are about nature, other are fantasy, some are patriotic - about love to homeland, native forests and mountains. Some of them are inspired by ancient myths. But most of my tracks have no lyrics at all. 

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Forgotten Deity'?

It's a tribute to a memory of  forgotten "pagan" Gods.

5.Currently there is only 1 member involved with this project, do you feel this gives you a lot more room to be creative with your musical sound?

Yes, making music only by myself let's me do it really efficiently and I can feel free to do whatever I like with my compostions. Nobody tells me what to do. It's a complete creative freedom.

6.The new album came out on Le Crepuscule du Soir, how did you get in contact with this label and also how would you describe the support they have given you so far?

To be honest I just e-mailed the label with links to my music. It's a great label releasing great music and I'm very glad they answered. They released my CD perfectly just as I wanted it to be.

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of atmospheric black metal?

People comment on youtube and facebook. Those comments are mostly positive, but I'm still awaiting for the moment when my music will be really well known and noticed like Lustre is.

8.Are you currently involved with any other musical projects besides this one?

At this particular moment no, but in the past I made few amateur projects. None of them is worth mentioning.

9.Where do you see the project heading into musically during the future?

I think the tracks will be much longer, and more progressive, with more samples of nature sounds.

10.What are some bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

I'm inspired by such bands as Evergreen Refuge, Basarabian Hills, Lustre or Summoning. I listen to various types of music from atmospheric black metal to classical music and ambient. For example I like Hyperborea ambient project. I like listening to new and not well-known things as well.

11.What are some of your non musical interests?

I love fantasy literature like for example Tolkien, Sapkowski or Ursula K. Le Guin. Another one of my passions is the history of European Antiquity and early Middle Ages. I like European mythologies, esp. my own native Slavonic myths.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

I would like to invite everybody to my youtube channel, where I upload my newest trackshttps://www.youtube.com/user/forgottendeityband

No comments: