Thursday, March 27, 2014

Vorbkt Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the project?

For those who have never heard, which would be almost the entire planet, Vorbkt is a project started in late 2012 consisting of one sole member with intent to create ugly, oldschool misanthropic black metal, not made for the 'normies'! 

2.How would you describe your musical sound?

The musical approach I take is minimal. very dark themes, lo-fi productions, raw sensibilities, guitars made of razorblades, crappy electronic drums, reverb. Sounds of death

3.Can you tell us a little bit more about the lyrical topics and subjects that you explore with your music?

Lyrical themes include: Misanthropy, Negativity, Melancholy, Hatred, Death, Suicide, Extinction…I explore a lot of what my mind dwells on in the dark hours of the cold winter nights..

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Vorbkt'?

Vorbkt - pronounced 'Vor-kuh'. There is no real meaning behind the word, this is a project with no boundaries and the word fits what I want to portray. Perhaps inspiration could be taken from the 90s Les Legions Noires bands..

5.Currently there is only 1 member in the band, are you planning on expanding the line up or do you chose to remain solo?

I do not want anyone else in on this project, as the quality of material released will only be shite! this is an interpretation of my mind, what comes out of Vorbkt is not something you can sit down and write with your 'buddies'! it must be taken from the darkest of places, a perversion of my brain in this futile human world.

6.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?

I could care less about labels that rip you off and suck you dry! fuck them all! I will do everything by myself from day one until the end. If I receive any interest, most likely I will promptly tell them to fuck off!!


7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of depressive black metal?

The little feedback I have received has been positive, yes the normals who are not into this music would not 'get it', but I do not create this for anyone but myself. Fuck you if you aren't a fan, and if you are It really doesn't matter. 

8.Are you involved with any other musical projects besides this one?

I play drums in a local band called Winterhearth, but that is it. 95% of my time spent, and musical abilities come from being alone. 

9.Where do you see the project heading into musically during the future?

In the future, who can say. I do not think that it is such a big thing, this project, and I do not treat it like its 'important' It is just a reflection of my mind at the time of recordings.. 

10.What are some bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Black metal. I only listen to white noise. 

11.What are some of your non musical interests?
Hate, War, Death, Observing Suffering 

12.Can you provide some links so people can hear more of your music?

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
If something is not worthwhile - end it (all) 

-Vorbkt 

No comments:

Post a Comment