Sunday, August 3, 2014

Baalberith Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band since the recording and release of the new album?
Hail! Yes...The Current status of Baalberith has changed in masses over the course of 2014.
Since we finished recording apparition of skulls we have had a massive shift in dynamics.
With disagreements and unreliability reaching an all-time high, I felt it best that we made the change towards becoming  a studio only project. This has resorted in the band reverting back to a studio project format.
The status of Valefar [Drums] is very much unknown at present date, so I have proceeded into the studio with only myself of the old line-up to represent the name of Baalberith. Although I do believe that the future will see the return of Valefar into action.
Now I can announce that I have aligned with Atticus from UK folk metal titans 'Andraste' to write the next full length Baalberith release. This release is being heavily crafted as we speak. More information on this will arise when necessity calls for it.

 2.Recently you have released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is present on the new recordings and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
  Yes, it’s called Apparition Of Skulls. The only way I can describe this release is a mix of all things metal with an overbearing black metal edge, For any long term fans of the band they will know that we have always crossed genre boundaries in order to make something unique for the listeners.
I like to think of this album almost as a part 2 of our 2010 full length release Abortion of Religious Futility. So much so we put a different spin on a couple of tracks and re-recorded them for the purpose of this release.
All our albums differ...yet are the same.  We have our own style of chaos and that goes from album to album, we do whatever it takes to make that work without sounding like a constant repetition.

 3.I have read that after this album the band is going to be a studio only project, what was the decision behind going into this direction?
  It is not a decision I will ever be truly happy with, but it was for the best due to previously mentioned reasons.
It was a matter of die as a band...or live on as a studio project.  I made my decision, who knows what the future will bring.

 4. Your lyrics cover some satanic, occult and anti Christian themes, can you tell us a little bit more about your views on these topics?
 I write what inspires me. My hatred towards religion fuels the flames a lot of the time.
A prime example of this is our track 'God Delusion'. But by all means we are not limited to this aspect. I have no set direction, Whatever I feel, I write...

 5.I know that Baalberith is chief secretary of hell in demonology, what was it that interested you about this deity in order to name your band after him?
 The name was originally suggested by a previous guitarist 'Azhagoth'.
After many a discussion we all agreed this name was for the best. The idea of a demon that could tempt men to blasphemy and murder seemed fitting for our style, for our message.
Much like ourselves he tells things of the past and present, with truthful outlook of the future. 
This is the demon that that has given dignities to men throughout history. What better creature could summon inspiration for the black arts?

 6.What where some of the best shows the band played when they where a full time line up and also how would you describe your stage performance?
 EVERY show was a good show, regardless of how well we played or how big the crowd.
We have always gone out and put all our vehemence and anger into the live shows.
I have witnessed legs broken, noses smashed, eye sockets caved in, ribs broken and epileptic fits all whilst we have been onstage. And all that does is drive us to invoke more chaos. These people have gone through physical injury to show their appreciation for Baalberith.

 7.A few months back you had released a split with Hellvete, what are your thoughts on the band that had participated on this album?
Yes, although a very different style to ourselves I enjoyed this split. I myself am a fan of their music. And really like the direction they push for.

 8.The new album came out on SixSixSixMusic, can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
Yes, a new label for us....
But they sure as hell haven't disappointed, Steve goes above and beyond what's necessary to promote the bands he works with. And does a fantastic job of making sure the bands are happy and know what's going on at every step of the way.

 9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your new album by fans Of black metal?
 Surprisingly this album is going down well in the black metal community. Abortion of Religious Futility was a massive struggle against elitists in the genre. So I'm happy that this album can get full appreciation from those who matter, instead of smacked down by elitist pricks that can’t understand the concept of adding outside influences into a style of music.

 10.What is going on with some of your other musical projects these days?
My death metal band Born Undead released its first e.p early 2014 titled 'Violator of Humanity'. It was a very limited release so I will be looking for labels willing to put it out properly on a bigger scale in the coming months.
Skiddaw has released its debut e.p on Sixsixsix Music and is going down a storm, plans have been put in place to create a full length sometime this year.
And that's about it for now, a lot of my projects are currently on the back burner till I get time to write for them.

 11.Recently I have heard your other musical project 'Skiddaw' and the lyrics covered Cumbrian Mythology, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in this subject?
Quite honestly, Cumbrian Mythology is not something I had ever researched into until I joined Skiddaw. But as with everything, I am researching and educating myself on the subject.

 12.Where do you see yourself heading into musically during the future?
I really don't know, I'm hoping to get another band together to get me back on the live music scene. And contemplating experimenting with a few new styles. Only time will tell.

 13.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Black metal, Death metal, Doom, Thrash and Grindcore are my main musical tastes. And I guess have all had influence one place or another throughout my music writing.
I find myself listening things like Woods of Ypres, Paradise Lost and My Dying Bride lately. But it’s only a matter of time before that reverts back to Silencer, Lifelover and Life is Pain.

My musical tastes often reside in the sounds of negativity and sadness.

 14.What are some of your non musical interests?
  With very little time to spare now days all my interests are of a musical nature.
15.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Thankful for interviewing me at this time. You can connect with us via Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/Baalberithuk or via our label at: http://www.sixsixsixmusic.com/
  Both tape and cds version of Apparition Of Skulls will be out very soon

www.sixsixsixmusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment