Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Oldlands Interview

 


1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the solo project since the recording and release of the current album?

VMORBIDUS: At the moment I am focused on promoting the album 'Oldmaster', as well as working on recording a Tribute to Samael, but there is still no information about the release or format.

2.Last year you had released a new album, musically how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?

VMORBIDUS: Oldmaster has some things that I hadn't yet explored on the first album, such as guttural vocals and the slightly stronger use of keyboards and acoustic guitars.

3.Besides black metal you also have a background in playing thrash and heavy metal, do you feel this has made you more of a diverse musician?

VMORBIDUS: Of course, it's been many years playing in these styles, I still listen to old classic rock and metal bands.

4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with the solo project?

VMORBIDUS: Working alone has brought me many opportunities and freedoms, the lyrics and themes in the same way, I like to write about anything that comes to mind, without worrying about criticism, when you work with other people, not everyone can agree with your ideas.

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Oldlands'?

VMORBIDUS: Oldlands is a reference to the old way of recording and releasing, nowadays there is a lot of technology and virtuosity, that doesn't really please me, I prefer things the way they were done before.

6.Cam you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?

VMORBIDUS: All the artwork was done by Moisés Alves from Hellforge Metal Art, he has a style that I really like. www.facebook.com/hellforge

7.With this project you record everything by yourself but have worked with musicians in other bands and projects, do you prefer to work solo?

VMORBIDUS: I still have two projects that I work on with another musician, but overall, working alone is better for me.

8.The new album was released on Diabo Records', can you tell us a little bit more about this label?

VMORBIDUS: Diabo Records is an independent label created by me, with space for Black Metal bands and strands.

9.On  a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?

VMORBIDUS: It takes a lot of effort to reach a worldwide audience, there are resources, but there are also many bands, in general, the public reaction has been positive, among those who were able to get to know the band.

10.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that you are a part of?

VMORBIDUS: At the moment these projects are active, the band Waking for Darkness for example is restructuring itself, in a conscious way and without much haste.

11.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?

VMORBIDUS: For my part, I will be in music as long as my health allows me, I have everything I need to work alone. It's really a question of time, physical and mental conditions, it's not a desire, it's an observation of a few years of working like this, I haven't yet had anything that could take me off this path.

12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

VMORBIDUS: I'm a bit conservative, I like listening to older things, classic rock and metal bands, they are the starting point, knowing how to mix them with Black Metal is very interesting.

13.Does Satanism or Occultism play any role on your music?

VMORBIDUS: In parts, yes, they are topics that cause some people curiosity and fear, but I don't feel obliged to focus solely on that.

14.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

VMORBIDUS: I would like to thank the space provided to my band, I will always be available to answer questions and when I can I answer those who seek me out on social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment