Smiercieslau - band of old Black/Thrash Metal from Belarus, was formed in 1998 and existing to this day.
2. How would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recordings?
Our sound and style of playing was inspired by the earlier Bathory records and Slayer. No one in Belarus was played before us and, I think, did not play like that now.
3. The last album was released in 2013, can you tell us a little bit more about what has been going on during that time period?
The new material of Smiercieslau is created and subjected to the arrangement. I'm learning to play the drums, to record all the parties alone.
4. The lyrics deal with some occult topics, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in Occultism?
I was interested in the occult themes in the 90-s-2000-s, but now there is no need to talk about it.
5. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Smiercieslau'?
Smiercieslau is Deathworshipper, the band originated in the times when Black Metal finally lost its former power and magnificence, and replacing the present old bands idiots and clowns took the stage.
6. I have noticed that the band avoids any use of social networks, do you feel these have been ruing the underground over the years?
There is no sense in collecting of comments and likes of social networking. So much so that life Smiercieslau not frequent any events. I still am a fan of the old types of communication-correspondence with black ink on paper with flyers inside the envelopes!
7. What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
We played only one gig Smiercieslau. Initially viewers were shocked when they saw on stage just me with a guitar and Darkut'a for drums. But then our band on 2 songs Modgud had joined, and all beginning somehow resemble the performance of the band.
8. Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
There are a couple of invitations to do concerts for "true". But at present I am sole participant Smiercieslau, so things are not so simple.
9. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
I don't care how people usually speak about music Smiercieslau. Most of the bands to create such music are not capable.
10. What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that some of the band members are a part of?
Two albums of my first band Oyhra getting ready for release. Maybe record of our other Black Metal project Zmrok will be completed soon.
11. Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
The concept and sound of Smiercieslau in the future for sure will not change. Otherwise the existence of band is meaningless, and the memory of the golden age of Black/Thrash Metal would be desecrated.
12. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
The music Smiercieslau is influenced of Bathory, Slayer and Sepultura. All of these bands, as well as the old Heavy metal, Black metal, Dark ambient and OI/RAC I listen usually when I have the opportunity.
13. Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Let everything in life goes by in addition to metal, sports, alcohol and sex!