Thursday, February 27, 2014

Tenebrositas Interview


1.  For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
Tenebrositas is a one man band from Croatia, activated in 2013.

2. You released a demo and single a few months back, can you tell us a little bit more about your musical sound?
Transilvanian Hunger, first 3 albums by Gorgoroth and Immortal, Nattens Madrigal, and stuff like that pretty much defines my style. It just came as natural for my taste in BM and me as musician.

3. According to your website you are also working on a new album, what can we expect from your newer material once it is released?
Just a little more variations needed for full length, but still the same old raw, dark and cold BM. Trendy styles don’t work for me, so I am keeping it as I think it should be, rather than playing something that I don’t enjoy.

4. Can you tell us a little bit more about the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?
“Malism - the doctrine that the world is evil”. A dark mirror of it all, BM metaphors as grotesque kaleidoscope of existential horrors and forgotten dreams.

5. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Tenebrositas'?
Shadows manifested through music. The music should speak for itself.

6. Currently there is only 1 person involved with the musical project, do you feel this adds to the creativity of the music?
To keep the vision clear, yes.  This type of BM is rare around here, and I am fine with it. Even if style is really strict I am not trying to fit in. Also, this way is the most practical for me.

7. Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
For now I am satisfied with demo and file sharing level. Nothing wrong with it, not pretending to be elite or something, and I am not interested in being on label just for the sake of it.

8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
Not much feedback so far, but I am satisfied.

9. Are you also involved with any other musical projects?
I got into underground as mid 80’s hardcore punk zinemaker. Played in many local bands since 90’s, also on old extreme noise, experimental side. Here’s the last thing I have done with my old metal punk comrades - http://nuclearaltar.bandcamp.com/

10. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
I mentioned some bands already, also newer and smaller bands. Other genres as well, but they aren’t directly influential for Tenebrositas.


11. Does occultism play any role in the music?
Occult themes may be very inspiring but so are the real life experiences.

12. What are some of your non musical interests?
Not much, usual hard working class worries, I guess.

13. Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
 This is first Tenebrositas interview. Thanx and keep it real.
 For interested;

No comments:

Post a Comment