Thursday, February 13, 2014

Frostland Darkness Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the project since the recording and release of the new album?

Nothing much. I'm just spectating how everything goes with the latest album. I also decided to make some shirts for the band, so I've been working on them lately.

2.A few months back you put out a new album, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical direction it has taken and also how does it differ from the album you released in 2010?

This was a different kind of project than the first album. It was easier to write and record the first album in Lapland, where I used to live, as I had all equipment and instruments in the same place. This time I had to schedule when and where I'm going to record the next instrument. I also hired someone else to do the mastering for the album. I don't believe that the musical direction has changed much.

3.Can you tell us a little bit more about the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with the new release?

Main lyrical topics are, surprisingly, again about blasphemy, anti-religionism and satanism. I focused on pedophilia within the church, especially within Laestadianism, in a song called "Lestaroihu" which basically means a pile of burning Laestadians. There are also songs about the apocalypse and human sacrifice, as well as crucifixion.

4.I have noticed that with the first album the lyrics where all in English and on the new one they were all written in Finnish, what was the decision behind writing in a different language with the new recording?

There were a couple of songs written in Finnish on first album. It's a bit of a shame, that so many bands are writing their lyrics only in English, and forgetting their mother tongue. It wasn't an actual decision to write all lyrics in Finnish for the newest album, it just happened when I started to write. There will be songs in both languages in the future.

5.Currently there is only 1 member in the band, are you planning on adding other members in the future or do you chose to remain solo?

Perhaps there could be a full line-up at some point in the future, if I can find the right people for this project. Anyway there will be somebody else playing drums for the third album.

6. the new album came out on Inverse Records, how did you get in contact with this label and also how would you describe the support they have given you so far?

Mr. Vuorma, the gentleman who made the cover art for the album, asked me if I had any intention to try to make a deal with some label instead of publishing it on my own again. I thought about it for a while and decided to contact Inverse, if they would be interested. I'm very satisfied with the job that they have done.

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?

There has been many kinds of feedback, of course.

8.What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?

Time will tell, but I don't believe it's going to change radically in one way or another. I'd like to keep it this way for now.

9.What are some bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

It's very hard to say, which bands have really influenced my music. Bands such Venom, Darkthrone, Mayhem, Windir, Gorgorth etc., were the source of inspiration when I first started to write music, but I'm not sure how much can you really hear them. I listen to many bands nowadays.

10.How would you describe your views on Satanism and Occultism?

Let's put it this way. I rather not to call myself a satanist, I just think like one. When I'm talking about satanism, I'm talking about atheistic satanism. For me it's a way of life and way to view the world. It's also kind of a private matter for me, and I don't see any point in preaching about how it has changed my life. Everyone who wants to read satanic literature will discover if it's suitable for them or not.

11.Do you have any non-musical interests?

Of course, but nothing worth mentioning.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Thank you for this and for the review. Hail Satan!


Facebook
Myspace
Spotify

No comments:

Post a Comment