1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about th band?
1. We started the band in mid of 2013 by me Promachos handling vocals, guitars and bass and Enkelados on drums.
2.In May you had released a demo, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
2. We wanted to create something that combines Bestial War metal with mythical / historical topics. After a year of rehearsals we recorded our first s/t demo on our own rehearsal studio. It’s raw, primitive and chaotic as it has to be.
3.Your lyrics cover Hellenic mythology and History, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in this topic?
3. I was always fascinated in our history/mythology, I have read tons of books of this and we never wanted to write lyrics that never express us. We got tired of this over-used thematology of Satanism, goat worship etc. We use our lyrical themes as a fist to the mediocre modern world of decay, material paranoia and nothingness. WE STAND AGAINST THEM.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Katachthon'?
4. Katachthon means ‘under the earth’ and is often referred to the ancient Hellenic god ZEUS. It is also synonymous with the word underground. After some months of research of a band name I found it on Hesiod’s ‘Theogonia’. I think that this name fit us.
5.Currently there are only 2 members in the band, are you planning on expanding the line up in the future or do you chose to remain a duo?
5. After the recording of our debut demo, two new members jointed a bass player and a rhythm guitar player for future live acts and recordings.
6.Has the band done any live shows yet or is this strictly a studio project?
6. Right now we are only a studio project, but In the future we are planning some.
7.The demo was released on cassette by Black Sun Cult Productions, can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
7. It is actually my own label, my purpose is to release Katachthon’s tapes on it, but also other bands into Black/Death metal.
8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black and war metal?
8. Great!! Until now, two weeks from its release we‘ve made many trades with other bands/labels from Greece and Europe.
9.Are any of the band members also involved with any other bands or musical projects these days?
9. No, we are totally dedicated in Katachthon!!
10.When can we expect a full length album and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
10. We are writing new material this time and we will record our second demo soon. For the full length we are planning for a mid-2016 release. Musically we will stay true to the roots of war, but we expect from ourselves every release to be different. We ‘ll never copy our previews releases.
11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11. WAR METAL!!! Some influences are Blasphemy, Sarcofago, early Sodom , Proclamation , Bestial Warlust ,Unholy Archangel etc. Also a few Greek Black metal touches I must admit that exist. Now-days we hear mostly, almost all kinds of Black metal. From early ‘80s stuff to the blackest black.
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12. First thanks for the review – interview. The only I can say to the Black metal maniacs out there, is to listen our demo, soon we will release another one, until then …. KEEP THE FLAME OF BESTIALITY ALIVE !!