Sunday, October 4, 2020

Viharukous Interview

 


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

Viharukous is a raw black metal band formed in summer 2018 inspired by a really misanthropic hangover


2.So far you have released 3 demo's, musically how do they all differ from each other?

The first demo is 95% improvised and it's just pure hate. The second demo is more based on the traditional norwegian black metal.

The latest demo is the darkest one and the most personal for me.


3.Some of your lyrics cover satanic and anti Christianity themes, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in the dark arts?

Darkness and especially the dark side of man has always fascinated me and so these kind of themes comes naturally when I write lyrics

and try to express myself.


4.What are some of the other lyrical topics and subjects the band has explored so far with the music?

Our main lyrical themes are misanthropy and anti-life.


5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Viharukous'?

My friend Ydintuho Deathgiver came up with it. It fits us because it has hate in it and we hate everyone.


6.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new demo cover?

It's an evil version of the "Guardian Angel" painting. I was originally going to use "Ihana enkeli" by Kalervo Palsa but instead

I decided to make my own version and I'm really happy with the outcome. I think it fits really well with the music of the demo.


7.Currently there are only 2 members in the band, are you open to expanding the line up or do you prefer to remain a duo?

Actually the line up might expand into a three or four piece when we start to work on the next release.


8.On the new demo you also done a Ramones cover, what was the decision behind doing your own version of one of their songs?

We both are Ramones fans and Havana Affair is one of the best Ramones songs and it's also fun to play.


9.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?

We haven't been actively looking for a label but we are open to labels to release our music. So far there hasn't been much interest

from the labels other than Black Metal Spirit. They pressed "Sota elämää vastaan" on cassette.


10.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?

The first two demos didn't receive much attention but this latest one has been received quite well. Friends of black metal

seem to like it.


11.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?

I feel like we are going to do an EP next. I think that full length demands that we get a label but I definitely want to see a Viharukous

LP some day! And I think that we could easily do enough material for a LP if we wanted.

I started to work on the new material when we finished the latest demo and I can say it will be lyrically more personal and musically

songs will be a little more complex and I would like to experience more with synth stuff. Can't say nothing for sure but this is

how I feel right now.


12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Two bands that have influenced our music the most are Burzum and Satanic Warmaster. In general the 90's classic black metal and 2000's finnish

stuff are the best black metal music for me. Also the melancholy of Finnish schlager music (Tapio Rautavaara, Olavi Virta, Juha Vainio etc.)

has influenced  me a lot in my life in general and in my music. And of course I must mention thrash metal as we started with thrash metal before

Viharukous and there are still some thrash in Viharukous songs. Sodom and Slayer.


Lately I've been listening to Ramones, W.A.S.P., Megadeth, Lady Gaga, Type O Negative, Terveet kädet, t.A.T.u., Misþyrming and Charli XCX

to name a few. I recommend spotify user to check out "Viharukous Megapartymix".


13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Worship Gambina and fuck off!


Bandcamp
Facebook
Instagram
SoundCloud
Spotify
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment