Sunday, May 9, 2021

Aeon Of Eternal Interview

 

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the solo project?

Aeon of Eternal is a project that I formed in the Autumn last year (2020). Target was to transform some ideas - that I had - into real album and also to release it to check if there will be some people that will find it interesting. I hope that the goal was achieved with the final version of 'The Wanderer'. 


2.Recently you have released  your first full length, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style that you went for on the recording?

As i do not have musical education, i create music based on feelings and emotions that i have while creating / recording new stuff. That's why what finally is heard on the album is a mixture of few genres that i'm a fan of since early 90s till now. If one can hear atmospheric black or blackened doom/death there - that's fine. It is clearly in line with the music I grew up with. I still hope that the final mixture is, at least, a bit specific and original (yeah, i know how difficult it can be these days).


3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with the music?

When writing the lyrics, I tried to put my thoughts well described. Lyrics touch the points of human existence, loneliness, sorrow, how much we can be lost in life and it is almost impossible to find the right path. And finally, how small we are versus the world and nature. Humanity had so many dark corners in history that sometimes one can think that we are more evil than good... I mixed these topics with the power of nature and its impact on us. Humanity will be lost, nature (in any form) will stay like it was before us...


4.You also wrote each song in a different language, can you tell us a little bit more about the languages you have brought into your songwriting

First track 'Niwl' is in Welsh - it means 'The Fog'. 2nd 'Sumu' is in finnish - (The Mist). 3rd 'Koit' - estonian 'The Dawn'. Daruuraha (my favorite track on the album) - in somalian means 'Clouds'. 

'Deigh' means in Scottish Gaelic - 'The Ice', 'Torden' in danish - Thunder. 

Finally, 'Veda' in croatian means 'Farewell'.

In the CD version, every track's lyrics are packed with different photos in line with the name. Somehow, when creating the graphical concept, I tried to link it with the country that I know or that music/graphic reminds me of. This is why I picked up these. 


5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Aeon Of Eternal'?

I was always fascinated by time and things that are or perceived as ageless or eternal. We are just a moment in time and the only thing that can stay after we are gone are the things and thoughts we leave for the others. It can be sumerian music that you can find now in Youtube or Egyptian paintings. I perceive music in the same way, for me it can live eternally...


6.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the album cover?

I was creating all the graphics on my own. These are not very original but i tried to find nature patterns that visualize, in my opinion, Aeon of Eternal music. I hope i've managed to catch it.


7.With this project you record mostly everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?

I'm 40 years old man that is heavily packed with normal life and things behind it. To be able to create music and focus on it for some time (months) to create, finally, an album - it is easier to do it solo. Especially, that I have most of the equipment at home and I'm mixing and mastering myself. I had some experience with rehearsals / playing with the band but it was too difficult to focus on it (timewise) in a way that it will be a 'real' band. But never say never. I have no problem in working with other musicians if the goal is worth of it. 


8.You also have a few quests on the album, can you tell us a little bit more about who they are and also their contributions to the recordintg?

When i was finalizing all tracks i knew that good vocals will add more power and atmosphere to it. Especially, that i'm a big fan of death growls and female vocals (rather low). So i started to search for someone that could add them. First, i've managed to find a girl with incredible vocal that create a background atmosphere that well fits in the tracks. Soulpacifica (aka Tihana) agreed to record female parts and we are both happy with the result. When it comes to growls and screams, Cesar did an incredible job. I've found him through internet (yeah, COVID times) and due to the fact he has recorded his tracks in the studio, it sounds very good. It is important to mention that, for now, both of them are guests musicians on Aeon of Eternal album. But i hope that if there will be next attempt for this project, they will agree to add vocals to my music vision, again.


9.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?

In fact, i sent this material only to 2 labels that I admire the most (Avantgarde & Prophecy). Most probably it is too amateur for these but it's still worth to try. I have invested quite some time and money into this self-released album so in case they won't reply, i will also not look further.


10.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of atmospheric black and doom metal?

Let's be honest, when i have released the album at the end of April band had a few followers/fans. Now, i see there are some reviews online, also i did some small promotion and i'm looking forward for more people that want to check our album. These first reactions are quite positive. In one of local radio stations in France, AoE album was picked up as 'demo of the week'. Appreciated!


11.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?

I'm old enough to be realistic. If i manage to continue with, at least, this project by recording 2nd album, it'd be great. But future will answer to that soon. 


12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Well, i could talk about the bands that influenced me during 24 years being a fan of metal music days and weeks. But let me tell you about the albums that for sure formed me as a musician.

Katatonia, Ava Inferi, Opeth, Edge of Sanity, Empyrium, Alcest, Draconian, Before the Dawn, Trna, Violet Cold, Mgła, Stworz and many more. I listen to hundreds of albums a year, not limited to one genre. Still, looking for a lot of emotions. It can be emotions brought by fury and chaos like in Kataklysm album 'Temple of Knowledge' or hypnotic black riffs like in Mgła 'Excercises in Futility'. I like to listen to acoustic albums like Ulver 'Kveldssanger' or Empyrium 'Weiland'. Recently. i can say i'm a real fan of Polish band Stworz and their album 'Mój Kraj Nazywa się Śmierć'. 


13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?  

I'd like to thank you for your interest in our debut album and project itself. And remember 'Not all of Those Who Wander are Lost'...


Bandcamp
Instagram
Spotify
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment