Monday, July 3, 2023

Nox Tenebrae Interview

 


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the solo project?


1. Nox Tenebrae is an old school black metal project with a rather cavernous and raw sound. In this project I cover varied but dark and sinister themes with a personal perspective.

The idea is to create a black metal that perfectly reflects what I want to express, which are true stories or local legends from my area with a touch of anti-christianism, but

especially, evilness.


2.In 2020, you also released a demo with this project, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style that you went for on the recording?


2. I just wanted to create raw old school black metal experience, recording with the worst gear I could find.

I decided to use more melodic riffs, as well as a punkish vibe at times. I have experimented but

it all goes back to that old school rotten black metal sound.


3.In addition to black metal you also have experience playing death metal and grindcore with your other musical projects, how would you compare the 3 different genres?


3. I think there genres that might have things in common with differences, some of them can be subjectives but others are facts.

I would say every genre has their own essence, and they can provoke different feelings to the listener.

I don't feel the same while listening to Grausamkeit, compared to Death or Tu Carne.


4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with this project?


4. Basically real situations that have turned out to be quite sinister and dark, dating back to towns near where I live, as well as disturbing legends. Also, there's a bunch

of antichristianity.


5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Nox Tenebrae'?



5. I wanted a Latin name, mainly because the project is in Spanish, so I chose Nox Tenebrae

which comes to mean something like "Tenebrous Night". It is a name that I thought fits well with what I want to express.


6.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the demo cover?


6. I needed an old school and minimalist cover, so the one that appears is myself wearing corpsepaint, my face blended into the darkness and

showing an inverted cross on the forehead. I chose that cover because I think it represents what people would find in the demo: Anti-Christianity,

darkness, evil and desolation.


7.With this project you record everything by yourself but also have experience working with other musicians, do you prefer to work solo?


7. I don't mind working alone or with other musicians. 


8.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?


8. For now, Nox Tenebrae is with Fourteen Dying Attemps, a small label I'm part of, although we'll see it in future releases.


9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?


9. Nox Tenebrae is very underground and assuming that not many people know me, from the little that has come to me I would say that something normal,

it makes me want to write more stuff.


10.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that you are a part of?


10. Many things are coming, in general. I'm writing for projects I'm on as well as new projects coming up.


11.When can we expect new music with this project and also where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?


11. Of course I plan to release something new with Nox Tenebrae at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later, actually I have a lot of ideas and things on my mind, I want to

beat this demo with the next release. About the future, I will keep composing and trying to improve as a musician, since this is a continuous learning process for me. So as long as I can I'll keep it up.


12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?


12. Bands like Darkthrone, Satanic Warmaster, Lucifuego or Cryfemal had an influence on my music, especially at the beginning. I can't say everything what I am listening actually but recently I am listening to Nightblood, Beloved Lilith or for example Darkmoon Warrior.


13.How would you describe your views on Occultism and Satanism?



13. I have to start saying that I don't define myself as a Satanist, but I like Satanism, I respect it and I like to investigate. Both Satanism and occultism inspires my music, it's like a journey.



14.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?


14. Thank you for supporting Nox Tenebrae, and within the time will come more releases and to anyone who's reading this interview, never let black metal die!

No comments:

Post a Comment