1. Can you tell us a little bit about the project for those that have never heard of you before?
1. Avulse started back in 2009. I've released 3 Albums, 2 EPs, A split and a demo in that time.
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
2. Musically, it straddles the line between punk and black metal, although with a more atmospheric approach.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
3. I tend to sing about resistance, things that are fucked up and why they have to be there. Also about my struggles with alcohol.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
4. Avulse means to Tear or to rip, so its fitting with the music i feel.
5. Currently there is only 1 member in the band are you planning on expanding the line up in the future or do you choose to remain solo?
5. I might get a live line up, but this is me and me alone for all recording
6. I have read that you run the record label The First Church Of The Left Hand Path, can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
6. Ugh no.
7.On a world wide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal and punk?
7. People seem to be receptive to it. Mostly its love it or hate it, no middle fucking ground.
8. What is going on with the other musical projects these days?
8. Auspicium is getting ready for the ten year anniversary, maybe a new album by the years end? Black Chalice just put out a new record, Obsidian. Field of Spears put out a new LP and Wholy Failure continues to weird everyone out.
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
9. Its probably gonna be more of the same. hah
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10. Specificly to Avulse? Poison Idea, Darkthrone, Sheer Terror, Burzum, Slapshot.
11. How would you describe your views on Occultism?
11. Eh its a cool hobby and definitely interesting as hell to read about, but I am definitely a rationalist and don't expand my interest into the practical.
12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
12. If im not working, you'll find me on the water, walking on the shore or fishing.
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
13. "If you dont listen to manowar than you are afraid of yourself!"