Thursday, December 28, 2023

Nemus Anima Interview

 






1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the solo project?

A: I’ve been writing music my whole life but always ended up in bands with ”dictators” who are not willing to listen your ideas. So I came up with this idea to record my own album and doing everything by myself. 


2.Recently you have released your first full length, can you tell us a little bit more about the  musical style that you went for on the recording?

A: When I started the whole recording process I had no clue what style or genre to go for. I started with an old song which I had composed many years ago. It was an instrumental song and I wanted to make some adjustments and add vocals. That song ended up being ”dreaming of their demise” the fifth track on the album. I’ve always loved good guitar solos and dark melancholy music. I guess it was just a natural transition to be melodic/atmospheric black metal.


3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with the music?

A: It’s always about sad or tragic stories. Darkness, melancholy and grief. I guess it’s in my blood when you’re born in here dark, cold north. The first song “Mother’s grief” is about a mom who loses a child in an accident and tries to bring her back. There’s also topics about dealing with mental trauma and losing self control. But not everything is so damn serious. “Calling” is about self irony, it’s all about making fun of myself and the whole metal scene. The lyrics are really funny with great rhymes, too bad you can’t understand a thing I’m screaming, haha!


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Nemus Anima'?

A:I had this vision in my head of a giant spirit in a forest. So I needed to name that vision. Anything in english wouldn’t work so I went for latin. Nemus = forest, anima = spirit. Done, simple!


5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?

A:The artwork represents pure hatred. When you feel so much anger and hatred that it materializes and comes alive. I almost went for a basic wintery forest scene but it didn’t feel right. I stand behind this artwork 100% it’s perfect!


6.Recently you have made the decision to record solo instead of playing in bands or doing live shows, what was the decision behind going into this direction?

A: I’m getting old and I have a family. The dream of being a rock star is not there anymore. I don’t enjoy it any longer. Also I’m getting lazy, I don’t want to put the effort to learn new songs that somebody else has written. 


7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?

A: I have not received any interest. And I’m not looking for any label at this point but I’m always open for suggestions.

8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?

A: To be honest, I don’t know yet! It’s been quiet :D The album is set to be released on December 30th and I have published one single but we shall see.


9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?

A: I think I might publish one album per year under the name of Nemus anima. I also have another instrumental music project so it’s never gonna get boring. If I want to take a break from metal stuff I can continue with my other solo project and the other way around.


10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

A: My biggest influences are Morbid angel, Deicide, Zyklon, Myrkskog, Dimmu borgir, Marty Friedman, Throne of chaos and the list goes on and on. I always try to discover new bands to listen and the bands I have recently discovered and am listening to atm are Crypta, Valdrin, Imperial domain, Nocturna, Somehow Jo, Savage messiah and Shylmagoghnar.


11.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

A: First of all thank you for the interview! I hope my music will reach as many people as possible and people will enjoy my music! Thank you!


https://www.youtube.com/@NemusAnima

https://nemusanima.bandcamp.com/

https://open.spotify.com/artist/6aIAW7Pbv4o8GsDJxGgbM7?si=JzkPOBSITIulGgAFdwGdeA&nd=1&dlsi=eefde3c593304791


No comments:

Post a Comment