Monday, August 26, 2013
Interview done by: Loki
1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
After the release of our first Album “Sotnemal Led Res”, we presented our work in many places through gigs, interviews, reviews, etc..., it received a great welcome from different countries; concretely from Turkey, Russia, France... Now, we're preparing our following gigs with our promoter; after it, we'll enter to studio to release our second Album in 2014.
2. You have a new album coming out in 2014, can you tell us a little bit more about it, and what direction will the music be heading into?
Our upcoming album will follow the direction of “Sotnemal Led Res” but it will be more dynamic com-positionally. It'll be more neoclassical influenced, and will has more tracks than our last work. It'll also has a little more instrumental complexity; it's all we can tell you about our upcoming work; we don't want to make too much spoiler hahahah.
3. You describe your musical style as being epic depressive black metal, can you tell us a little bit more about that label? and how it differs from typical depressive black metal style?
To understand the rapport between these two concepts; we'll divide the two concepts as individual ideas:
What make our style “Depressive” are the compositions, of course, but especially, the lyrics.
What make our style also “Epic”, are the com-positive entrances of all the different parts of our songs. These are composed in minor tonalities, but with some harmonic arrangements that fills the atmospheres of our melodies; and makes it sounds powerful (or at least, it's what we pretend hahaha).
4. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects that the band explores with its music?
The subject matter of our songs lyric puts special stress upon the misery of human existence in the mystery of death. And the thin line that separates life, we try to reflect and explore the human psyche and their most hidden facets; sometimes pathetic, sometimes inspired in our own personal experiences.
5. You guy write and perform some songs backwards, do you feel this gives the music a lot more originality?
Perhaps this will give a touch of originality to our music, but the motivation to write and sing our songs backwards is to get that, who really wants to get our message has to make an effort to understand it, so be understood for who he really is interested in.
6. Explain the meaning and inspiration behind the band name?
The name comes from Celtic mythology, Elathan is the demon king of the Formorians.
7.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
We think one of our best shows is one what we did in Igualada, Spain. There were a great amount of audience. Also our gig in “A Ultranza Metal Fest I”. We describe our performance as a typical and classic black metal band performance. There's not a lot of secrets about it in our case hahaha.
8. Do you have any touring or shows plans for the future?
Precisely we are working in it, there will be occasion to see us at different dates that we are closing, along to the next months across the country, and hope to soon also abroad other countries!
9. Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest from any labels?
As well you say, for now we are not with any record label, spite of having received certain offers, but we would be interested in joining some label that will offer favorable conditions to both sides, ahead of the publication of our next album.
10. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of depressive black metal?
Internationally, is being pretty good in the black metal underground circles, can 't say that's especially from the depressive crowd only, but rather of a general public in the black metal.
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
We can name bands like Windir, Burzum... but at fact; our music is more influenced by other styles out of Metal; some like Classical for example.
12.Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Outside of music? hm... it's difficult for us to give a response to this question, basically cause Music is our most important interest on our lives. But we can maybe say that to travel (concretely to forests) and video games are our second most important interests.
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
First; Thanks to USBMS for the interest to make with us this interview; and for your support.
And thanks to our fans and their support too!
For band and contact info visit