Monday, August 26, 2013

Neldoreth Interview


1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days? Well, there's been some major changes since the album's completion. After the US tour last year, Darrell Creel left the band due to various reasons. He was replaced and a couple months after his replacement also left the band. Since then we have formed a new line up and also a live line up (first time we've had a real drummer since 2007). Right now we are preparing for the US tour which begins on October 30th and runs through November 30th, and working on writing the next album. 2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how it differs from previous releases? The new album is our finest moment as a band thus far as far as the song structures, production, lyrics, etc. This album was also the first for me where I did not let outside musical sources influence me but more infernal influences. The next album will be 100% influenced by those forces and energies. 3.The band started out as a black metal band then went death metal for awhile before returning black metal and the new album has elements of both, out of the 2 different style which one do you prefer to play? Black Metal. 4. The song lyrics cover alot about Satanism and Occultism, can you tell us a little bit more about your views on these subjects? Well to me, Satanism and black magick are very personal things, but I can tell you I am a Theistic Satanist and that influences my lyric writing 100%. 5. I know that the band name came out of the writings of J.R.R Tolkien, do you feel the band name fits the music perfectly? When I formed the band I was big into Tolkien, but I have never written anything lyrically based on his works. But Neldoreth is a forest, and I always think of forests as dark and secluded places, so in that aspect I'd say yes. 6.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance? My personal favorite was this year when we headlined the Northern Hammerfest up in Upstate Wisconsin. There were forces at work during that ritual that I haven't been able to tap into since. As far as our stage performance, our sets are a Satanic ritual to please our master. 7.Can you tell us a little bit more about the tour you have coming out? We will be out on the road from Oct 30 - Nov 30 along with Hubris (NY) and Putrid Christ (MN). Two great black metal bands that I hand chose to join us. Our set each night will be about an hour long with a mix of material from the last two albums. 8.The new album came out on Extreminal Productions, how did you get in contact with this label and how would you describe the support they have given you so far? They contacted me back in 2012 about re-issuing the Invert Christ EP mostly so it could be released in Europe. So far they have been very helpful and the relationship has been a good one. 9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your new album by fans of black and death metal? There are always shit talkers and fools within the scene, but for the most part the response has been positive of the new record. I haven't seen too many reviews just yet but the ones I have seen have been good. 10. What is going on with the other musical projects these days and also are you still doing your radio shows these days? I recently formed a studio side project called Infernum Occult with members of Murrum and Hubris. It will be very ritualistic black metal. We hope to record our first album next year in between all three bands busy schedules. 11.What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases? I really cannot say yet. I have a brand new studio line up and they haven't handed me any songs yet, so time will tell. I am faithful in their playing though, so I think the next album will be much different, but in a good way. 12.What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays? I don't let other bands influence our writing much, but as for bands I've been listening to,I listen to all kinds of stuff from metal to oldies to classical....really just depends on what mood I am in. As I do this interview I am listening to the new Watain album, which I think is a Satanic masterpiece! 13.Outside of music what are some of your interests? Magick, Occultism, Sleeping. 14.Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview? Ave Satanas!


Facebook
Myspace
ReverbNation

No comments:

Post a Comment