Wednesday, August 21, 2013
Eternal Valley Interview
1. Can you tell us a little bit about this project for those that have never heard of you before?
1. I started this project around December of 2012, and around June of 2013 released my first album. I have always been a huge fan of Black Metal and extreme music, and after discovering so many extreme music projects were one man bands, i figured i would give it a shot, hoping to create very dark, heavy, black metal with an emotional atmosphere.
2.How would you describe your musical sound?
2. The sound of Eternal Valley combines traditional Black Metal with very dark death metal elements and dark ambient, and also draws from DSBM. Raspy, high pitched shrieked vocals are layered over low demonic death growls which create a dark, hopeless atmosphere. Thrashy dark riffs combine with heavy slamming death metal riffs.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the project explores with the music?
3. In my debut album, a lot of the lyrical themes were anti-religious and hate filled. some dealt with suffering and depression, others were violent, satan possessed, and misanthropic. Lyrics i've been writing recently have been more about world problems and the decay of society, and questions that have no answers.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the projects?
4. Black Metal has always been one of my favorite types of music, i love the raw, cold, real feeling it brings, and making it has been one of the best things i've done. I've also been trying to bring new elements to the genre, to create a unique sound and reach out to new listeners.
5.Currently there is only 1 member in the project, do you feel that the music is more to your liking solo, then it would be with a full band?
5. I like having complete control over every song that i make and record, and i feel like i'm the most creative that way, but sometimes i do think would be fun to turn it into a full band and play shows.
6.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or received any interest?
6. Currently i have no interest in being signed, i feel it might limit my creativity, but if i were to receive any interest from a label, i definitely wouldn't just turn it down immediately.
7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
7. I have received very few feedback about my music so far due to it not being spread around much yet, but the reviews i have gotten have been very favorable, and a lot of black metal and ambient fans seem to enjoy it.
8.Are you involved with any other musical project?
8. I've been working on some brutal death metal/grindcore projects with a friend of mine for awhile, but other than that no.
9.What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
9. I want to make my music more mysterious and dark sounding, and continue the ambient style i've been doing, along with continuing to bring new elements into my black metal.
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10. My main black metal inspiration started with Burzum, which led me to Xasthur, Striborg, Austere, Silencer, to name a few. And some more brutal sounding black metal like Beherit. Also classics like Darkthrone and Immortal have greatly influenced my music too. Nowadays i still listen to most of those bands as well as alot of brutal death metal, grindcore, and thrash.
11.How would you describe your views on Satanism and Occultism?
11. I'm mostly an atheist, but i think Satanism and Occultism have an interesting outlook on life and the world. And some of the views do make a lot more sense than Christianity. But i just personally do not believe in any deities. Its definitely a subject i could talk about for hours.
12.Outside of music what are some of your interests?
12. I enjoy good horror movies and shock films, and i always like roaming the forests like any good black metaller.
13.Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
13. You can expect a new album coming in winter of this year